inTank Media Baskets

ViaAqua - 380 10 gallon tank

fishbabies

For anyone interested in the ViaAqua-380 10 Gallon Aquarium, here are a few specs and pix.

The tank itself measures L:15" X W:9.75" X H:15" ( H:18” with the lid/canopy ).

The tank is available in several colors including: black, gunmetal, silver, clear green, clear blue, clear orange, clear purple, clear magenta, light oak woodgrain, and dark oak woodgrain.

These aquariums weigh roughly 35-40 pounds.

There seem to be several different lighting and filter configurations.

The lighting can include either a single 13w fluorescent tube or a single 13w compact fluorescent 4 pin lamp.In either case, it appears that the light housing has enough space for the CustomSeaLife Compact Flourescent Retrofit kit commonly used in the Minibow 7 tanks.

I have seen the canopy filter in 3 different configurations. One includes an undergravel filter with the pump near the bottom of the tank and the uplift tube leading to the canopy filter. Another includes an undergravel filter with the pump located at the top of the uplift tube. The third has a strainer tube and no undergravel filter: the pump is just under the canopy filter.

I see these tanks regularly in Southern CA fish stores. Their prices usually range from $79 to $129. The homepage for this tank is www.viaaqua.net or www.commodityaxis.com . Though not for sale through the homepage, variations of the ViaAqua series can be purchased online at http://www.petwarehouse.com/ and http://customaquatic.com/customaquatic/index.asp .

The pictures represent the clear orange ViaAqua-380 with the fluorescent tube and the strainer tube filter.

fbe523ee.jpg

FRONT

fbe523f6.jpg

BACK

fbe523df.jpg

SIDE

fbe523f2.jpg

CANOPY ON…the canopy has two openings in the back to allow electrical cords and airline tubing into the tank.

fbe523eb.jpg

WITHOUT THE CANOPY….the tanks are very well constructed. There is a lip along the inside edge of the top of the tank.

fbe523f4.jpg

TRICKLE FILTER….the canopy filter includes a trickle tube and a 3 layers of filter media: filter floss, carbon pad, and ceramic rings underneath. Wet-dry filtration is possible.

fbe523e1.jpg

UNDERSIDE OF CANOPY….note the ceramic rings and trickle holes of the filter.

fbe523e8.jpgfbe523e7.jpg

LIGHTING CONFIGURATION.

I hope this gives a good idea of the ViaAqua 10 Gallon Tank. I have noticed that there are a lot of questions regarding this brand. It amazes me that the distributor gives so little details.

Even though I have my tank(s), this is the kind of post that is SO great to see. It's nice that you took the time to take the pictures and post this information for others to share. Posts like this are what really make nano-reef.com so helpful.

Nice job! :)

Thank you. Happy that you liked the pix. With the mini-reef trend it will be interesting to see how manufacturers respond with better designed tanks and equipment. I feel like most aquarium products look like they were designed to fit in with Hospital ER equipment. I would prefer an Alice In Wonderland mini-reef...not a Frankenstein reef.

Great looking tank by the way....and your family too!

ATTENTION AQUARIUM ENTHUSIASTS

Do you live in the Los Angeles area? If you would like tickets to see a taping of......I mean, if you are interested in purchasing a ViaAqua 10 Gallon aquarium...

TANKS A LOT, a humble little fish store in West LA at 11662 W Pico Blvd has the black and silver 10 gallons with 4 pin 13w compact-flouros for ONLY $89! Saw them there on Father's Day. They are NEW TANKS! I have never seen them at that price with the compact-flourescent lamps.

As with anything in LA that involves driving across this massive city....CALL BEFORE YOU GO JUST TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE IN-STOCK!

TANKS A LOT

11662 W Pico Blvd

(310) 477-1928

ngericke

This thread is mostly informative. Many reefers rely on catalogs or online stores because of equipment availabilty or reduced prices. Nothing is more disappointing than getting your equipment and finding out it is less sophisticated than the ad had you assume. ViaAqua's ads are very vague, and unless you can physically go to a store to check one out, you are flying blind when ordering them online or thru catalogs. I also had to promote TANKS A LOT because in LA, most aquarium equipment prices are hyper-inflated and every reefer should be aware of a great deal.

You arent flying blind if you recearch and ask questions

My point is that this is not the correct place to post this post

You are sounding too much like an advertisement

If ya have a problem with my opinion I dont care --I will share it anyways

Post in the correct forum or else pay this site to advertise

Your choice

one more time...not an advertisement! Who are you? A nano-reef forum watchdog? You endorse Wal-Mart! Sounds like advertising to me...you work there?

I just posted a question concerning the Azoo mini, but I just saw this tank at a lfs. I would be interested in knowing if anybody is currently using this tank? I am interested in ones that people are using as is, straight out of the box! Please let me know if any of you are using this tank.

Thanks

hello wcostin

i am using this tank and i think it is awesome. for a fish-only tank i think you will be set. it has room for accessories and i think it comes with one of the better "factory-installed" filters. the pump runs quietly and the trickle wet-dry filter is not something you usually find on an out-of-the-box all-in-one tank. the bulb shown in the pix is a 50/50 which is also unusual for out-of-the-box. mine... in the pix above, is one of the older models. since models vary, you can go to to your lfs and see if it differs any. i think ViaAqua has done a good job of adding better features to their newer models. the latest models have more powerful bulbs and a cooler running pump. there's also ample room to upgrade the lighting in the future. i did modify my ViaAqua to use it as a mini-reef.....but it had a great run as a fish only.

fishbabies,

Thanks so much for al the info. Your ViaAqua came with the 50/50 light? I am not sure the one at my lfs comes with the 50/50? Do you know somewhere online they can be ordered?

Again, I appreciate your help.

Thanks

you cannot tell by looking at it that it's a 50/50. if you look at the pix above, it looks like a standard tube. i know the new ones have the long u-shaped compact-flourescents....a better setup even if you do have to replace a standard compact with a smartlamp compact. my best suggestion would be to look at the one at your lfs....then you'll know exactly what you are getting. if you want a different color, they can order one for you. then your lfs is responsible for getting the specs you want. petwarehouse.com has the woodgrain versions http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod...d=6&pCatId=8122 and it is actualy a decent looking woodgrain, but i don't know the filter and lighting specs....and not the most competitive price in my opinion. Customaquatic.com has the 11 gallon which has much better lighting. the ViaAqua homepage..... viaaqua.net has a numbe3r that will give you a store in your area. since you already saw one at a lfs....go there and see what they can do for you....they will appreciate the business and you can really check out the one they have on hand.

here's what i did to my orange ViaAqua...the one pictured above. these new pix are about 2 months old... before the wildlife was introduced. i've been lazy...

fbdb22b1.jpgfbdb22a5.jpg

painted the trim gunmetal, added an acrylic top, pengiun mini w/phosphate remover media only, and a pendant light is now in the works. the factory filter and light housing worked well......but this setup makes it easier to stick my entire arm in the tank to terrorize my inverts and fishbabies. the filter pump that came with also tended to run warm when the water level went down...not great for touchy corals, but not as much a prob with fish-only

Archived