SaltCritters.com

New lights, acclimation suggestions?

floppyfish

Hey, well I'm buying new light bulbs and have never done this yet so I need some advice.

I currently have 2x55w pc 1 6500k and 1 Actinic, but with my new bulbs I decided to go with 1 50/50 and 1 10000k bulb for more 'white' light. My Capnella and Colt are stretching way up so I figured maybe I need it, or maybe its just the cheap bulbs that came with my light fixture(Jalli fixture and bulbs)? They are a year old now so upgrade I figure is long overdue.

What should I do to not harm my corals? What time schedule should I keep? Currently its 10hrs 6500 and 12hrs for the actinic. How much should I cut the time and for how long?

Any help is greatly appreciated as the lights should arive any day now. Thanks for the help, Floppy

Well I just did a search under 'Lighting' and 'Light acclimation' and nothing came up, with info that I need. What should I do a search under?

I did something similar a few months ago. I simply swapped out one of the PC's and then the other a week later. No obvious effects noted other than the colour of the light itself. Swap out the actinic first.

Archived