inTank Media Baskets

Question about 96w Powerquad

JimmyZtank

i have a 12gallon flat back Hex ACRYLIC and was also considering getting a 96w powerquad, I was worried that the heat from the 96w might be to hot for the acrylic? does anyone have any experience? or should i just stick with a 2x32w CSL retrofit?

The heat from a 96watt quad will not get too hot to help the acrylic.....now, it might heat up the water if you dont put a fan on it. No, it WILL heat up your water if you dont have a fan.....the 2x32watt kit will also heat up your water too....

If you look at Hellolights.com there is a Coralife 96 watt 50/50 quad and with it's legs it would sit above your tank and NO heat problems. I have this light and LOVE it!

Thanks for the advice, i also saw the coralife 1x96 with stand, but i dont think the stands will hook up to my Flat back Hex. Im not sure how they measure these style tanks but on top its 20'' longx 6'' wide at one point and then 10'' wide at another.

do you think i should just run a quad retrofit system?? and also should i just forget about the 2x32w

i have a 96 watt powerquad forsale right now. the retrofit kit. i have it listed for 80 plus shipping but will be open to offers. i have it over a 20 high and its not bad on the water temp. over the winter here in michigan and just up until this week i have never had water temp issues, but then again i don't have air condtioning and my house is prolly over 80. if you want some pics let me know.

Jeff

So do you think that the coralife will fit on my 12g flat back hex With the stands? it says that the mounting legs are adjustable for smaller sized tanks...does anyone have any experience with this? or does anyone have the coralife 96 quad setup with stands that might be able to tell me if it might work?

if i can i want to go with the coralife setup, Do those built in fans work well on the coralife?

another question is how should i acclimate my tank for the 96w....

Archived