Pod Your Reef

Anyone in Houston, Texas?

powderblue

Anybody in Houston know of local reef (preferably NANO-reef) clubs or organizations. I need hands on help bigtime with some important stuff. Thanks in advance:)

Pseudo Gregoree

Hey Im in houston and have been reefing for quite sometime....

hit me up an enail :greg@thefuse.net

or an IM ReasonPointZero3

-greg

Pseudo Gregoree

well depending on what area you are around....

it varies but

i would say aquatic designs on the feeder of beltway 8 between clay and i10 is the best.

prolly pretty unanymous....

also our club is going to moody gardens this weekend for a behind the scenes look at the aquarium in galveston...

no nano reef clubs but we could start one :)

hehe

-greg

powderblue,

More than likely Pseudo is talking about The Marine Aquarium & Reef Society of Houston otherwise known as MARSH.

Check out marshreef.org.

I'm outside of Houston down 288 in Lake Jackson. I'm also looking for a good reef store.

-- TexFish

Pseudo Gregoree

ah shux bout lake jackson.... good stores are hard to find out there....

but if you come in the look there is quite a few good ones on westhiemer and hw6 torwards the west side of houston.

we should make a houstonnano club....

technoshaman

Already mentioned but

www.marshreef.org

good club they count Eric Borneman and Frank Marini as local members. We are having a collecting trip with them next month down in Corpus if you want to check it out.

Our local club which is mostly San Antonio and Austin with a few from Corpus, Brownsville and other points south is:

www.maast.org

we also have monthly meetings and we have a frag party on the 29th - buying about 500 bucks worth of stonies from wholesaler nd then fragging em up for a 25.00 door fee - come check it out if you like!

-Mike

Pseudo Gregoree

marshreef.org is still a fuctional url to the page just to get to the bbs....

i had it updated in the bookmarks just so used to saying .org :)

plus .org is older and more nostalgic heh

Anyone in houston been to aquarium world? Big ripoff but i've seen some real nice setups there. Have nice live rock too.

I'm new to reefing and live up in the NW corner of town. There's a store called B & B's on 1960 about 1 mile west of HW249. It doesn't have much stock but the guy there is pretty knowledgable. How many people are in MARSH? I ran across their website the other day and kept wondering that.

Archived