inTank Media Baskets

This is so Awsome!!

newbiefishgirl

newbiefishgirl

Last night I bought my first critter for the ten gallon! A coral banded shrimp and two blue leg hermits. After I acclimated them I put them in and right away the coral banded started to pick up alge and eat it. It was SOO cool!!! I have never seen anything like that.

I guess that means he transitioned well.

The blue legs also were moving around and eating. Good sign!

I turned the lights off for the night so they could adjust better.B)

i just started my 11 gal and have put a few critters in there. Although i have had a reef tank before, it never ceases to amaze me how beautiful and intricate life can be in a self contained aquarium environment. My girlfriend gives me funny looks when i spend hours on end glareing aimlessly into my tank waiting for something new to see. It is exciting. Much better then prime time t.v. Ha! -James-

Never had one, but have observed many. They can be cantankerous from time to time. If you've got a mated pair of them, the male will always bring the food back to the female first. Who says chivalry is dead in aquariums?

My CBS spends most of the day hiding and he comes out at night or when I feed the tank. He usually just grabs some of the fish food floating around, I've never directly fed him...

-skeletor-

I'd agree. Seems more like you've properly acclimated. :D Welcome to many hours staring at a tank :P I'm new myself and loving every minute. My 5.5 is doing well and my blue legged hermit provides a good bit of activity.

One word of caution, I'd be careful about getting bit by the bug and adding stuff too fast. I've been rather slow, but I lost two of my blue legs and one pepp shrimp (not sure about the blue legs, but think the pepp that I have took out his brother). Still, things are going well and I'm really enjoying the show. I also have a green brittle star, but from experience on the forum I'd recommend against it in a nano. My particular one seems quite docile and actually sleeps in the same "cave" with the peppermint shrimp and the emerald crab.

I'm looking at putting up a 75gal in my house (the 5.5 is on my office desk) and the star will find a new home more suited to his liking. Possibly even in the sump depending on the circumstances. For now he's a blast to hand feed and very friendly!

Enjoy!

Archived