inTank Media Baskets

peppermint shimp help

Reefy

I got two peppermint shrimp on Sunday. Since I put then in my tank, they just stay under one rock for two days so far. I could see them but they stay there all the time. Sometimes they move around but they're still under the rock. They don't even come out when I put food in the tank. I put some brine shrimp in yesterday and they reacted to it but they satyed in their origional location. They tried to grab it but they couldn't. How could you get them to come out.

mine took a couple of weeks before they were fully settled into the tank. now thy come out during the day, but mostly they are active at night (that's what shrimp do)... they seem to be more active in groups IME..

do you know what type of "peppermint" shrimp they are ?

-skeletor-

Like the rest said, they're nocturnal creatures. I got up and saw three or four of mine scramling around the rocks at 4 a.m. this morning. Kind of neat to watch 'em with a flashlight.

When i put mine in I could see him under the rocks for about 3 days. Haven't seen him since. That was 2 weeks ago.

My peppermint shrimp hides as well. This is normal from what I have read. He does, however, come out when I feed the tank frozen brine shrimp. :)

Archived