ReefCleaners.org

fans

donk

This might be a dumd question but, Im trying to put fans in my canopy and am not sure how to get them to run on AC.

They are 12v DC cpu fans. If someone has some info or a link where I can buy what I need to do this I would really appreciate it.

PS. I tried the "search" button but couldnt find what I was looking for

Wal Ma** has a 2 speed AC fan for $4.50. It's a little louder than a PC fan but a lot cheaper!. I was going to do what you are doing, but it would have cost $30-$35 at the electronic store.

-Jon

ELGORDOINAVW

hey i just got this from another reefer, get a cell phone charger, you know the kind that plugs to the wall. then cut the tip that plugs to the cell (little round plug) connect the wires from the charger to the wires to the fan. it doesn' matter if you connect them backwards, if you do it wrong it will only run backwards. i hooked mine up to an old nokia plug and it works!!!! it's temporary right now later i will soder the wires, and apply shrink rubber to them to waterproof. hope this works out. you just got to make sure the plug you use is 12volts as the cpu fans use

12 volts

Archived