Innovative Marine Aquariums

Larger All-In-Ones?

Devilstower

I've been looking for a new, larger tank. I really like the neatness and convenience of the all-in-ones, such as the Red Sea Max. But I was really hoping to get a tank in the 60 gallon range (for one thing, my wife wants a yellow tang, and I've trying to make the little guy comfortable within reason).

I haven't been able to locate any all in ones larger then 34 gallons. Do such tanks exist?

Failing that, could someone recommend a "package deal" that includes a good balanced setup? I like mushrooms and other "softies," but I'm not particularly interested in the real light fiends. Just a nice stack of rock, some interesting inverts to watch, and space for the little tang to wander.

Thanks.

As far as I have seen, the Cad and the Red Sea Max are the largest all in ones out there at this moment. For a 60 gallon set up your best bet is to buy one used on craigslist or other outlets, this way someone else did all the work and you can have the Tang.

I'm worried that I'd mung it up somehow, and come home one day to find 60 gallons sloshing around the den floor while my critters scowl at me from the empty tank.

Aw come on, it's not like you are going to be drilling holes in the tank. Just gluing in a pc. of acrylic to create the back chambers. YOU CAN DO EET!!

Take a look in the Do It Yourself forums for ideas. You probably won't find a large tank like what you want but the ideas used on smaller tanks will be the same for you, just yours will be on a larger scale.

I know big talk from a gut that's not doing it.

Archived