Cultivated Reef

40 gallon

frozenapple

hey i just bought a 40 gallon breeder it will be a upgrade from my 20 gallon. right now i have a perc, a yellow watchmen goby pair, and a yellow tang but the tang wont be here for long what is a good fish i could add?

yea i had one in the 20 but i lost him due to ick but i mean i am thinking of maybe getting some dwarf angel probably a coral beauty but if i got a coral beauty could i get something also

any suggestions would be great

You can keep just about any of community fish in a 40b (except tangs and most anthias). Go for something different. Everybody has a sixline (myself included), get a flasher wrasse or something. I've got a carpenter wrasse in my 40b. He's very active and they are beautiful fish. You could have a nice school of cardinals in a 40b too.

You're options are wide open with a 36" tank, so just go to one of the livestock warehouse websites (petsolutions or liveaquaria) and just look through what they've got. Find something you like then research it a little. Make sure it'll fit in your tank and that it'll get along with everything you already have.

Archived