Top Shelf Aquatics

How does a newbie keep from getting frustrated?

CeeTee

Patience and asking lots of questions help a lot....

If you would like a more helpful answer I'd like to know what problems your having...

Cameron

Cameron's right. Patience is the key in this hobby. Just when you think you have it all figured out, you find a new problem.

Read as much as you can in between staring into the tank and ask lots of questions. Thisis not an easy hobby, but it is very rewarding!

Hang in there! :D

Originally posted by digitallinx

Have a couple of drinks, after the alcohol kicks in, the tank looks great. (that's what I do)

:D :D :D I CAN AGREE WITH THAT :D :D :D

newbiefishgirl

I know what you all mean! Try getting all excited about your first addtion after your cycle. This is what you have dreamed about all 4 to 6 wks, yes its only some inverts.. no fish yet. Then you get to the fish store.... CLOSED!!!! on a monday! because they work late all weekend. who would have thought!

hahahhaha :)

Orange Crush

hrm. the only frustrations i've had so far:

not enough money for ______

tank not big enough for ______

damned roger nipping at my xenia.

That's it. Sure, the aips were a pain, but not really a frustration.

I chalk it up to: 1. tons of research 2. tons of patience 3. Chris Marks (and this board in general, but let's be honest, there would be no NR without CM)

frustration is part of the fun. I have endured severe back pain so that I could hunch over my tank, moving rock, corals and whatnot so I could establish the perfect look, just so I could do it again the next day.

frustration is scrapping your 7 gallon because you just can't lick the algae problem and then upgrading to a tank that is just big enough that you need new lights, new powerheads

Hmmm....let's see....

Just when I think i've got the water right a level goes up or down for no apparent reason. Corals look great in the Lfs but look like crap after a few days in my tank. The algae is the only thing that seems to be doing well.

these are just a few of my issues thus far.

Archived