SaltCritters.com

What's up with this Pricing?

shiveley

Left Coast DJ

Apparently Current isn't shipping anything out because of the So. Cali fires. They're in Vista, CA. And these tanks probably get drop-shipped from Current.

DJ

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marine Depot: We have such a low price on this item because this aquarium is an older stock, and will no longer be available after we are sold out. This is a great deal for a high quality and versatile aquarium that will offer you unlimited Nano possibilities. Thank you for choosing Marine Depot

well the aquapod was backordered

so they sent out the koralia and mj first.

i just got them in the mail today, but i also got an email telling me that they send out the aquapod today.

so hopefully it will be here monday and i can start a cycle before i goto vegas for a week for SEMA.

ordered mine on wednesday and shipped yesterday ;)

i called marine depot, and asked about the tank, and even the sales rep seemed surprised about the price, which was sorta strange to me. but yeah, the tank is backordered, and they're still receiving shipments from Current for orders. Also, what i'm assuming, is since there was a voluntary recall with the aquapod 12 for aquariums that were sold between December 2005 and January 2006, this has caused an overstock.

aquapodrecall

But, then again, that's just my assumption.

anyhow, who cares, i bought the aquarium for the light since i was planning on getting the light alone anyways...

Haha, I went to Marinedepot yesterday to pick up mine from their will call, and I was looking into their office and there were like probably 20 cubicles in a row all with guys setting up AP 12s on their desks. It was hilarious. I was talking to the stock room guy, and he basically said "almost no work was done here today."

Haha, I went to Marinedepot yesterday to pick up mine from their will call, and I was looking into their office and there were like probably 20 cubicles in a row all with guys setting up AP 12s on their desks. It was hilarious. I was talking to the stock room guy, and he basically said "almost no work was done here today."

Wonder if they get a discount over their own great price?

When I got home my Aquapod was waiting for me at my door step I was opening the boxes it was like one of those Russian Eggs and whats really funny is one of the boxes says "DO NOT SHIP UPS". of course it was LOL.

Going to test it out NOW. I think We Need to start a Thread for all the New Aquapod Owners.

This Is reminding me of the South Park ep were everyone was buying a hybrid car. "GOOD FOR YOU, THANKS"

:lol:

I definitely just bought one. Sickest deal of the year. I think I am just gonna put the Sunpod on my 10g for now while I figure out what to do with the tank. HA.

I have a 12gl Nano Cube DX I am debating weather I Should Transfer everything over to the Aquapod or just use the light from it on my Nano. I like the filter at lest the way it looks. I will have to check what people are saying about it on other threads.

I ordered mine today! :happydance:

I got the tank, bag of black sand, a mj 900, a couple mag floats, and a couple things of chemi-pure all for $250 shipped!!! I hope it hurries up and gets here so I can start it to cyclin'!

That price is madness!! lol. Thanks for pointing that out. I'm seriously considering buying one just to try out metal halides for once.

... Wow..

holy crap that's less than my store would pay for it! and we get it for 30% below list price! i wish i had $190 just so i could order it, sell it on ebay for $250, and use the money for my tank :)

man this is so not fair :angry: , iam in canada and tryed to order it from both here and foster&smith, marine depo wont ship tanks internationaly(i dont realy get why canada is internashional were closer than alaska?)and fosters and smith charges $280 just for shipping :o !! plus the tank price!

why....... i broke down and bought it. just for the llght its self. a hard deal to past. i just put my ada framless tank up for sale. but it still for sale. i won't even setup this one anytime soon. just too good of a deal to past by

why....... i broke down and bought it. just for the llght its self. a hard deal to past. i just put my ada framless tank up for sale. but it still for sale. i won't even setup this one anytime soon. just too good of a deal to past by

after reading this thread i was checking my credit card balance, lol. $50 short of being able to buy the tank. i wonder if my wholesalers have this tank on sale right now too... i picked up a 36" nova extreme for $140 last time current had a big promotional sale through my wholesaler :)

Thanks for posting that!

I JUST ordered mine, and with the "Bill Me Later" option it's not going to put a strain on my account. It'll take me 4 or so months to pay it off, but whatever... can't pass up a deal like that.

Thanks for posting that!

I JUST ordered mine, and with the "Bill Me Later" option it's not going to put a strain on my account. It'll take me 4 or so months to pay it off, but whatever... can't pass up a deal like that.

i already put $90 a month towards credit card payments, and i can't swing any more than that lol.

WOW what a great deal, really don’t need another tank but what the heck I can’t pass it up. This will make 7 tanks ranging in size from 24 gal to 2 ½ gal so it will have to wait to be set up. Ordered my yesterday and was told it’s on back order but I was the first name on the list of about 20 or so. Hope they are still able to get more in…

Archived