Cultivated Reef

Why can't we be friends?

microreefer

microreefer

Help needed. Just purchased a new fancy damsel for my 10g. Current fish inhabitants are a pink spotted shrimp goby (gobys are the best fish ever) a pink damsel, and now this new fish. I know damsels are agressive, but I didn't think they could be this bad. My old fish heards the new one into a corner and keeps him there for hours. There shall not be war in my tank. Is there any way to break up territories (like with cichlids) and give them both equal footing, or should i switch the new damsel out for a neon goby, oh so cool, or will that not be compatible with my other goby? I just want a peaceful tank and a third fish.

Thanks,

Hunter.

BTW. the tank has been run with three fish for about a year now, the bio load is not a problem.

Bucket is right. It's a PITA, but it might work. If you rescape everything in the tank, it'll make everyone compete for space again, as they think they're basically in a new tank/area.

I say toss the biotch. Switch it out for another GOB. I too love gobies, id like to have a bunch of mated pairs in my 55 of diff. gobies.

microreefer

Thanks for the help.

I ended up tossing the damnsel and going with a little seabe. Tank is balanced, all well.

Hunter

Archived