inTank Media Baskets

DIY 25 Seoul LED Light

Agua-man

its only at 240lumen at 1 amp and 3.8v. 240lumens at 3.8watts is impressive. and judging for the pic i wont doubt that its the newest ssc P4.

a Company like Solaris uses thos. they need to add other led lights to get all the spectrum IMO...

im sorry. i will have to molest your brain for some knowledge on this topic in the upcoming weeks. My grasp of this technology has become rather outdated.

For some reason my camera had a really hard time taking a clear picture. The blue LED are really not that bright, not even close. They are a deeper or darker blue and just bright enough to see inside the tank. The water does look yellow in the picture, but like I stated before my camera really sucked at taking a clear picture. I going to try to get a getter picture one that really show what the tank looks like.

Also I used the Seoul SSC P4 #W42180-U PURE WHITE (6500K) 3.7 v. and SuperFLux Blue LEDs.

Aqua-man, correct me if I'm wrong, but you are only running the LEDs at 350mA right? (Based on your driver) So that should get about 100lm per LED if I read the spec sheet right. Any reason you are not driving them higher? I know heat is an issue, and dropping the current is the easiest way to combat that, just curious if there was another reason.

whats the output of the blue LEDs?

whats the kelvin lvl with all the lights on in your opinion so i can get an idea.

i need smaller and better drivers....if i want to convert all the lights in my house to LEDs. iv seen it done...

whats the output of the blue LEDs?

whats the kelvin lvl with all the lights on in your opinion so i can get an idea.

i need smaller and better drivers....if i want to convert all the lights in my house to LEDs. iv seen it done...

The blue LED I used are called Superflux and manufactured by Lumileds http://www.lumileds.com/products/line.cfm?lineId=4 the blue led is being used only as moonlights and nothing else. Because of this I would say that the overall color temperature of the tank stays between 6500k and 8000k, which to is just find to me.

• 3 months later...

New to the board but I've saw this cain a few weeks ago and have been keeping an eye on it since. Agua-man do you have any updates to this project? I like the info you provided and am intested in learning more about possible DIY LED lighting fixtures.

Really nice job! How much did the supplies cost? Solaris charges like 500 bucks for their unit. Can this light be used to grow SPS? Is LED equilivent to MH or VHO?

Archived