Coral Vue Hydros

Eclipse 6 conversions/ drawings, etc.....

TheOgre

I have been reefing at home with a 70 for a while now.

Well, we found a nice little green smashing mantis in our TB Saltwater Aquacultured rock, and secluded him quickly to an Eclipse 6 system.

He has since passed on to the great barrier reef in the sky, and I am ready to do something more than harbor some pretty LR and calurpa.

I am looking for schematics, drawings, pictures, etc for an Eclipse 6 system with small rear sump/ refugium, maxed out lights for the stock hood, and a removed biowheel system.

I don't think I am gonna need a skimmer as I am going to run 99% coral. I may put some form of crustacian, but not as likely to go with fish, as the tank size is a bit small, and I don't need that kind of bio-load with the inverts.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

I am thinking about doing something like this.....not sure what/when. I am thinking about buliding one with acrylic. I also would like some ideas, or maybe we can bounce some ideas off each other!

hehe, it is a weird thing when you see your site linked to a forum....

there is always something to do, I build I wooden bok to hid all my cords and ballasts in, it looks like crap just sitting behind the tank...I have my test kits and chemicals hidding the cords now..

OK....

I have done a basic drawing of what I will more than likely do....

eclipsetest_copy.jpg

I will be pulling out all the lights and filters and pumps in the hood for the 6.

I have not determined how much light I can pack into the main hood yet.

The Eclipse 2 will have the bio wheel removed and leave the carbon filter pad. I will upgrade the lighting with a low end PC....

What does everyone think?

uh... i see only one flaw in you system. but it could be a big one. your return from you sump/fuge is way below the water line. if the power goes out. you floor will not thank you. (justtrust me on this one. i found out first hand. it's very long very wet story very sad story.) just move you retuen up to the top of the tank. besides that it will save you from drilling another hole in you tank.

other than that it looks great. but i have one question. why does it seem that almost every one here uses eclipse systems?

Archived