Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Arggh, I can't find a place to get WATER!!

Dennis_said

Dennis_said

All in all, my question is, does anybody know of a water store gem that might have afforadable distilled... or RO water for me w/in the area?

Thanks!:P

Dennis, Dennis, Dennis......:)

You'll have to lay out a few bucks at first to buy some gallons of drinking water. You need to drink more right now it's hot :) I got the Crystal Geyser brand. Drink the water and then fill the jugs at the .25 Glacier machines in front of the grocery stores.

Considering the average nano (this site at least) is 10 gallons and at a 1 gallon water change per week, that would cost you a meer .58 cents per week, or $2.32 per month, or $30.16 per year. Even if you spent a dollar a gallon for good distilled at your local grocewry store, you would only be spendin a dollar a week, $4 a month or $52 per year with no worries.

If $30 a year is too much to spend on the main ingredient to your nano or $52 for that matter, this aint the hobby for you.

I could be totally wrong with all this if, lets say, you have a 100 plus gallon system. However, the money you would have kicked to start and stock that would all be relavent to water cost. Either way, the water is the most important part of your tank so don't be stingy.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to flame ya, it is just crying over pennies on a gallon just ain't right.

Dennis_said

Thanks guys~ I decided just to go w/ STRICTLY fish... lizbeth I didn't think of those machines! Haha, thanks... Ooh yeah, Liquid, you're right, I shouldn't be worrying about the pennies, but hey... they add up when you're trying to save pennies left and right for a nano :-D

freakaccident

Sorry but this is stoopid! I was going to keep my mouth shut but.... Fifty eight cents a gallon is too much each week?!?!? Fish only?? Poor fishies......

Dennis_said

Oooh, hehe, I meant STRICTLY FISH, the store, they have it for 39 cents a gallon.

Hey listen, I'm sorry the topic ever came up, hehe, don't freak out on me :-D

I go to a place in Long Beach 0.20 a gal

It’s off of Atlantic & Del Amo in the vons shopping center

Going today will get you the name

Dennis_said

OOoh awesome I think Atlantic is pretty close to my home, at least I know where Del Amo is.. hehe so I'm guessing it's somewhere past carson? :)

Why not just use tap. Leave it in an open container/bucket with a microjet pump on to dechlorinate overnite and you can use it the next day. It's worked fine for me for the last several years in my 60g reef--no problems. maybe it's just that good great lakes H2O!!

i pay 1.40 per gallon. (life sucks without a car)

.. but i make up for it by using rocksalt and recycling salt-creep. good luck my friend.

dtuzi,

dennis_said lives in southern california. the closest thing we have to a great lake is the "los angeles river" (inside joke with any of you who've seen 'it'). our water gets piped from colorado and down from the cali aquaduct. sometimes when i'm brushing my teeth i like to think of all the stuff that's accumulated in the inner surface of all the miles and miles of pipe-age it took to get me my glass of water. then i wonder why it's brown and remember that most people still have steel pipes in their houses. mmmm tap.

Originally posted by dtuzi

maybe it's just that good great lakes H2O!!

Ugh... That's probably the last place I would get water for my tank.:) You must not live near Metro Beach.

Korbin,

At least it sounds/works better than that LA river water.

(time to end the sidetracking from the original question--later dudes)

I usually get my water from Reef collection in Huntington beach...there 15 miles away from me, but there the only damn store that sells RO/DI water near me :rolleyes:

Archived