inTank Media Baskets

Mushroom coral squirted me in the eye!

breebauer

Eye update:No redness, but still a stinging sensation, so maybe the worst is over...Luckily for me, my job has an RN on duty at all times...Trying to explain my probem to her was another story, but she had a good point: why didn't I call poison control????

I have no idea why I didn't call them... next time I will!!!!Better than any local Dr, and the nearest Emercency room in my area, trust me...

Thanks so much folks for all of your help!!!I'll break down and go to an eye Dr, if I still have the stinging sensation tomorrow.

Why me? ;)

Edited by breebauer

hey, same thing happened to me a while back, while i was fragging it.

my eye hurt and was red for about a week... after that everything is normal.

i work in the ER, the doc's didnt know what it was, and just gave me some antibacterial cream i put in for 2 days....

i think ur eye just gets irritated and goes away after a while....

that's my experience.

hey, same thing happened to me a while back, while i was fragging it.

my eye hurt and was red for about a week... after that everything is normal.

i work in the ER, the doc's didnt know what it was, and just gave me some antibacterial cream i put in for 2 days....

i think ur eye just gets irritated and goes away after a while....

that's my experience.

Yeah you got and ANTIBACTERIAL cream!! .... that kills the bacteria, therefore why it got better.

I know nothing about medical issues, but just "letting it be" probably is a bad idea. Bacteria thrive in dark and moist environments, right? so when you sleep, doesn't that foster an environment for a reproduction frenzy?

Just wondering more or less...

RED

• 10 years later...

It hurts like a son of a B$&ch ... definitely feels like your eye is on fire, then I got a migraine from it, intense pressure in sinus area, nose running   .. went to urgent care, they flushed my eye for 15 min , put some sort of numbing drops, then checked cornea for damage , then administered antibiotic eye drops .. killing every last one of these mother f$&@ng discosoma shrooms ... don’t wait go to the doctor ..

• Wow 1
Christmas Corals

Use eye dropper solution. The kind for contacts. Has helped some of my friends. I would hit that with a ton of water! Good luck! Hope everythings alright!

HarryPotter
40 minutes ago, Christmas Corals said:

clams are notorious for this! I'm sure a bunch of people have had that same run in experience! You never even see it coming!

Clams squirt out toxins? 

Christmas Corals
3 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Clams squirt out toxins? 

water. lol! :lol: just a relatable experience I'm sure others have had before.