Cultivated Reef

Ricordea Help.

WorldNation

Hey again, well remember those shrimpies I told you to get at the store... well ricords LOVE those. LOL you might get tierd of feeding them. Just to let you know feeding the ricords induce spliting....

They do require good lights..... could you tell me what you have on your 10 for lighting??

Luke

WorldNation

well, i got some regulr shrimp from Ralphs(they didnt have any special nutrients i dont think. like plain old shrimp is what i got.

nyways, i tryed feeding my brain last night, i only saw him get one piece trapped on him, but i dont evne know if he ate it or not. but this morning, he look much better then yesterday. much better. Ricordea at mid lvl in the tank. what do u think?

i think feeding them once a week isnt bad at all. my cichlids, those things are garbage disposal systems :) i can deal with feeding them once a week :)

on my 10 gallon, i have 1 quad 96watt 50/50 set-up from coralife, and a lil lil 13watt behind that. i was planning of putting the

I think you can sustain a few ricords. Don't worry about the shrimp.... =) I don't have any "special" shrimp either.... no worries. I think feeding every two to three days is better than once a week. But somtimes feeding that often isn't possible.....

Luke

Shoot, some people don't even feed them.

If he has polyps with the diameter of about a mm I think the zoo will be just fine for him.... As I'm guessing that's their size. I also have one like that. Um, no I didn't pick him up off the beach in florida...... Why would you ask....:rolleyes:

Luke

you can definatly handle Rics with that light. There is a pretty good deal going on at blowfishaquatics.com 9 for $99.

• 1 month later...

How do you feed your rics? Everytime I try, they never seem to grab the food or get it in their mouths. I have tried feeding frozen brine

I feed my ricordea 3 times a week with mysis shrimp. They seem to love it. I just place a small piece over their mouths and they swallow them whole.

SeaMountain

I haven't fed my ric since getting it a couple months ago. With all the 'pods I have skirmishing around in the tank, I'm thinking it's grabbing those up during the night. It appears healthy and vigorous anyway. I do drop a few small pieces of shrimp in once or twice a week for the blue legs to maw on. My mithrax will come out and steal it as well. Maybe the ric is getting enough from the shrimp feast to keep it going! ;)

A little off topic, but how much have you guys paid for your rics? The place I got mine charges $20 a head! Is that normal pricing?

You are talking about per head right? Not a rock full of them? I paid $30 for a small rock with two heads on it. I thought that was steep, but I guess it was about right?

yeah...15-20 a head... I just ordered 9 ricordeas for 99 dollars from blowfishaquatics.com...gonna get them on thursdday, can't wait...gonna split the order with my brother...hope they come very colorful

LITTLEFISHEE

At the LFS, they have orange, green & blue all 9.99. They are pretty fair with singles, but it's cheaper for me to order a colony rock from the sites.

One of the lfs I go to, sells them for 5.99 a head or you can buy a couple on a rock for 15-30 depending on the rock size and how many heads. The other lfs sells them for 3-15 (depending on size)a head no matter how many are on a rock.

green morph yuma's at a lfs for $20 for 10 or so on a rock. mispriced and friendly discount. Normally $40. I'm going there this weekend and cleaning them out.

I've seen the same ones, with less on a rock, for $154 on the net.

floridia rics are much cheaper.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived