SaltCritters.com

Jeff's Live Rocks are AWESOME, right?

Dennis_said

Dennis_said

well it's getting close to game time! About to go out and get my live rock (Monday)...

Going to go to Jeff's Exotic Fish (exoticfish.com) since I'm close to his place...

I'm going to go w/ the special he has ... but will hand pick at 2.50 a lb! Has anybody had experience w/ his live rocks? are they good? Or are they horrendous?

I've done a search to see past responses, but nothing really concrete...

Any thoughts? ???

Thanks!

Call them on Tuesday before 12:00pm, ask them about the rock they have in stock. They have a $1.50/per lb. bin with assorted crap in it. Sometimes you can find good pieces in it. Also, join their fish club. You can get the online deals then. Just bring in a printed copy of the fish club list. I'm hoping they have a July 4th sale, want to get one of their Southbay skimmers.

It all depends..

Generally the rocks in the bins of water are more like baserock than liverock.

The good rock is the rock that they just got in from the airport that are still sitting in the boxes.

buut, There new rock that comes in sits in those boxes for days after they get them, so you will need to call them and ask them when a new shipment comes in.

I got some new uncured fiji from them when it just came in, and it was really good rock. Tons of corraline coverage that had little die off and cycled in a few weeks.

Last time I wen't there, there tonga rock was sitting in the boxes for a long time...it was full of flies and lots of black decay on the rocks :x

Dennis_said

True, last time I saw the Tonga rocks on sale too, I think it was that boxes that were 99 dollars for 50 lbs?

I plan on stopping by there tomorrow or the day after, hopefully a fresher batch will be there!

I called them to see when they get their shipments in, and they say that it varies.

Archived