SaltCritters.com

GHA treatment and ricordia discoloration

Longinus

I am having a little bit of trouble with GHA on my candy canes, its growing on the skeleton and no CuC members seem to get at it. Any suggestions for removal? Its in there pretty tight between the heads to a tooth brush isn't an option.

My other issue is my green ricordia mushroom. I have had this shroom through two tanks and two different lighting setups, all with good results for the shroom. Currently I have 250w of halides on my 15g, but it has been happy for about 2+ months with that lighting. I recently got the bright idea to move it somewhere where it could spread out more and within a day or two half of it (It has two mouths) turned light colored. I gave it a week and put it back in its old spot and left it a week, still more light coloring. So I moved it down onto the sand bed in a lower flow area and am letting it rest there, but its been about 5 days and no improvement. Any suggestions? I normally would have moved it to under an overhang, but it was happy in higher lighting for a while. Parameters have been pretty normal, though I did have a spike from something a while back.

Archived