inTank Media Baskets

post your 26g bowfront tanks

sjwalton

I need some proper pressure to get one of these beauties. SO post some pics so I can be jealous and have to get one. POST AWAY FRIENDS!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

15lbs LR, blue damsel, yellow damsel, o. clownfish, blood shrimp.... there will be new lighting tonight ... i just purchased one of thse new combo lights from custom sea life with the built in moon light ..... i am probably going to add more live rock next week...

I think that tank is the ideal tank. The size to put a variety of corals and fish and the beauty of a bowfront. How much does the tank/stand combo usually run? What lighting is generally used over it? MH?

I paid $250 for my tank and stand. Not sure if that was expensive or not but it is what it is. :) I also got one of those new 24" csl fixtures with the built in moonlight off e-bay cheap. Can't wait to get it.

I paid about the same for my tank/stand so I guess the price is good.

as for lights, I ahve a dual 150 watt hqi mh with a 55 watt powercompact actinic. I need to do a little work to make the legs fit the hood and the tank so no pics yet and no testing of the lights over the tank yet for fear of making soup

Ok, here is a pic of mine. I definately need more rock but I'm not made of money, so the rock will have to wait a little longer. My new csl setup will be here by the end of the week so until then I have my canopy that I built for my 7 over it. If anybody is interested it is still for sale with the tank and all the accessories.

Phreak

I'm selling everything together for $200 shipped. Tank, hood lights , fans, heater, powerhead, aquaclear 150 and two sided background-blue or black for $200 shipped. I accept paypal.

Those are some pretty neat tanks. They are also about the size of the tank that I am slowy but surely working to get ;) (it's been a long process so far). The guy at my LFS--he seems pretty reliable--told me that I could get a 26 gallon tank, as well as all of the "beginner setup supplies" (that included the live rock and sand) for around $400. Is that a reasonable amount? Thanks

~Kayla

How much live rock,sand? what kind of lighting? what setup supplies? Does it come with a stand? just wondering if the $400 is worth it.

Chamkeeper

reefphreak,

Rather than buy LR, just get some good quality dead and watch it turn to LR. It doesnt take long.

Flipturn88

So dead is a lot cheaper than LR???--haha, that makes sense! Wow, I never thought of that. I was planning on getting about 35 lbs if live, but maybe I should look into that. I was also planning on about 15 lbs of live sand, and VHO fluorescent lighting. From what he told me (the LFS guy) the stand WAS included. Thanks again!

~Kayla

I think it looks great but does the CSL fixture provide enough light for most corals? It's 130 watts right?

Scott

texas holey rock! get that it used mainly for african cichlid tanks. (buffers ph and calk) but you have to make sure you get the show quality peices a bit more pricey but well worth it. (still less than 2 bones a pound) it has little or no silicates. some of the lower quality may have silicates. just make sure it all white. i'm seeding a super nice peice right now. this type of rock has many hole in it. much hiding places and over hangs. it is seeding great form some lr that i bought to put in the 5.5 prop tank. much purple growth.

Good deal reefphreak, again that's a cool setup.

Would a small perc, a royal gramma and a six line wrasse be pushing it in a 26 gallon tank? Shouldn't a wrasse be in a longer tank? I'm looking for my next tank and those are the main fish that I want. I don't want to sacrifice the health of my reef though. I'd hang the smallest CPR Aquafuge on back so that would add another gallon or so. Thanks for any input,

Scott

reefphreak

I really don't know anything about the wrasse but I'm starting to get interested in the six line as I am seeing more and more of them lately. Hey, check out my auction on e-bay if you are looking for a tank or know of anybody. It is a nice setup.

Thanks reefphreak,

Yeah, all the six lines that I have seen are usually swimming all over the place. Very cool looking and interesting fish. It just seems that they would be more comfortable in a longer tank to travel back and forth. That's a nice setup you have on eBay right now but I'm looking for something bigger(15g+) for my next tank. Good luck with your sale and thanks again for the input,

Scott

Archived