Coral Vue Hydros

Clowns sick

ClaireFB

My two young common clowns are covered in tiny, full stop sized white blister type spots. Can anyone tell me what this is and what has caused it? They are eating and acting normally. They are in a tank with soft and stony corals, so I can't add copper treatments to the tank. Could they be treated in a bucket? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sounds like ick if they are white dots. A picture would be helpful. You will have to QT them, a bucket may work but you will have to provide a heater, and good water quality. Please research ick and treatments. Good luck, sorry to hear this.

HOw long have you had the clowns?

Yeah its certainly ick. Get them out ASAP. Go buy a 5 gallon tank at walmart for $8. That way you can put a heater and powerhead on it easily. Do you have any other fish in the tank?

Sounds like ick if they are white dots. A picture would be helpful. You will have to QT them, a bucket may work but you will have to provide a heater, and good water quality. Please research ick and treatments. Good luck, sorry to hear this.HOw long have you had the clowns?
I've had the clowns for about 2 weeks. There are no other fish in the tank. Just corals and inverts. If I put them in a quaranteen tank with will a heater and powerhead surfice or will I need lights and filters?

I've had the clowns for about 2 weeks. There are no other fish in the tank. Just corals and inverts. If I put them in a quaranteen tank with will a heater and powerhead surfice or will I need lights and filters?

Lighting can be kept to a minimum, your house lighting will do fine for now. Get a good ick meticine and follow all directions. I believe most of these have you take out any carbon filtration anyways so you should be OK for a few days without one.

Good luck

So yes you have ICH, but it isn't as bad as you think or have been led to believe.

Ich is the common cold among fish, yes it can kill. It is caused by STRESS!!

But you can die too if treated yourself like crap when sick and didn't eat.

SO that said, don't go out and buy a new tank you have no other fish that can get sick.

The Fix:

1) KEEP EVERYTHING STABLE!!!! temp,salinity,ph (big one!!)

2) Feed and make sure the sick fish eat, most fish with ich are attacked by other fish (kill of sick and weak so not to attract predators) Feeding is key!

3) As a general rule, I never use medication because who knows whats in the med. and what adverse effects it could have on your coral.

Also ich does not affect coral so there is no problem leaving them in your tank. But keep an eye out if there are any deaths you will need to remove as fast as you can and do a quick water change. If you keep your parameters stable and feed them you should have two healthy clown in a week or two. (depending on how bad the get it)

RED

Archived