Top Shelf Aquatics

hairy mushroom question

12thMan

I have a colony of 6-7 hairy mushrooms that have been in my tank for about 8 months. When I see pictures of other people's shrooms they are usually opened way up and flat on the rock they live on. Mine stretch upward and are open, but it looks like they could open up more. They are in a 10 gal with 2x13 watt 10K/actinic. They are in a turbulant (sp?) part of the tank, but I don't think its too much flow for them. Long story short - should I be concerned that they stretch up like they do or is this something that they just do? Don't have access to a camera to post pics, but will try to do so asap.

thanks!

how much more do i need? and could this also be a reason for my hair algae problem? i can probably put another 2x13 in my canopy, but a single 13 watt fixture is more realistic. if i do just one 13 watt, should i get an actinic or stay with the combo bulb?

thanks!

try n get 2 more 13 watters in there itll be much better and yesthat may be parrt of your hair algae problem

i agree with cjm033. i have shrooms that are semi shaded and the stretch up towards the light and are cupped, look kinda neat

Archived