Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Formalin-3

Jackopus

I use F-3 as a dip before adding fish from LFS. I recently had a Scooter Blenny die with white spots on the Fins & outer Gills. I have used a "half" treatment in my NC-24, and My blue&red Rics, and Xenia are withering and overall in a ####ed off mood.

there is nothing on the label or online about any adverse effects, that I can find. Any advice?

Oh I did a 25% water swap last night, they were still ####ed off this morning .....

I contacted Kordon..

they say on the bottle they state "" May not be suitable for invertabrates"" but they have never seen F-3 kill Xenia, or rics....

CONTRAINDICATIONS:

Formalin·3 is similar to standard formalin in that its use may cause hypoxia in fishes due to the reduction of dissolved oxygen in aquarium water. This condition will be most noticeable, and more likely to occur, when the conditions of the aquarium water being treated are initially poor (i.e., high in dissolved organics and low in dissolved oxygen). Partial water changes prior to the use of Formalin·3 will help insure that dissolved oxygen levels will not be seriously affected. Formalin·3 may not be safe for use with invertebrates. Not recommended for treatment of systemic bacterial infections.

So I am at a lose folks . . . :huh:

Everything is alive, thought I would finish the thread off and kill it.. :P

F-3 can be used with softies, at your own risk I will bear witness too...

It has taken 3 weeks but eveything is frisky and alive :D

Archived