ReefCleaners.org

Aquatic Reef Systems - EXCELLENT!

AbSoluTc

I finally was able to purchase an RO/DI system and went with ARS because of all the good comments I have heard about them.

John over at ARS talked to me on the phone about the basics of the systems and gave me some background nfo on the system I was intrested in - 4 stage Valueline RO/DI - 50GPD. He answered all my questions and I was really happy. So, I ordered the unit later that evening.

That was Wednesday. Today, Friday the package arrived. I opened it up and was really shocked and confused. The system said Oceanus on the bracket. I thought there had been a shipping mistake because I did not order that. Also, it had the nice pressure guage on it as well. Something was definently wrong. I decided to glance over the instruction booklet and noticed it said 75GPD system instead of 50GPD. I was even more confused. I called John and told him there might be an error here or maybe I was over thinking this. He said there was no error and he sent it on PURPOSE!!! I was like holly sh|t! We spoke on the fone for a bit and I repeatedly thanked him over and over.

I got a sweet a@@ system from ARS and I could not have been happier! I urge anyone in the market for an RO/DI system, to really check them out! You will not be disappointed at all!

John, If you read this - thank you VERY MUCH - again. :) I will refer anyone that asks to you.

Thanks Again!

Kris

Brown-noser!!!

My experience with Aquatic Reef Systems was and continues to be absolutely OUTSTANDING. I have bought several components from them in the past and they have always been highly knowledgeable and quick to respond to my questions on the phone.

If you're thinking of buying a RO/DI or simple RO unit, Aquatic Reef Systems is the place to go. I would buy from them again in a second.

I'm impressed with the Oceanus upgrade. Even with no upgrade, I still love my valueline 4-stage RO/ID system. I come from an area with very hard water, and it produces water with no detectable TDS (<1 ppm). It is so much cheaper than every other brand I have seen, and they have great customer service. I can't say enough good things about this product (one of the few reef products that costs less and works better).

In general...

IF YOU ARE PURCHASING AN RO/DI UNIT, DON'T BUY FROM ANYPLACE OTHER THAN WWW.AQUATICREEFSYSTEMS.COM!!!

I must also chime in.

I too have had really good experiences w/ ARS. They have great customer service and the products ordered allways arrive in a very timely fashion.

I once had a problem w/ a membrane/housing and they immediatly shipped a new membrane and housing out free of charge. I then used their box to ship the other ones back.

They have also give me a few free-b's along the way. Nothing big but everything counts.

I strongly recommend ARS -- you won't be sorry.

This is amazing, I was just looking at the website this morning, thinking about buying one. Two questions:

1. Are they easy to hook up/ remove (I live in an apartment)

2. Do they produce good drinking water?

I would like to get one and they are a great price. Thanks for any responses.

Rich

They are easy to hook up and remove. When ordering --- call first and discuss your particular situation and they will reccommend the best hookup adapter for you to use (you get a few different methods to choose from).

You are not suppose to drink DI water. They do have a drinking water kit which has a resevior and a small faucet type thing to get the drinking water from. This kit installs in-line on the RO/DI unit after the RO membrane but before any DI cartridges. It comes w/ the shutoff selenoid and everything.

The units do come fully assembled and ready to install. And if you ever have any problems they will help over the phone for as long as it takes (read that as hours if necessary) to resolve your problem.

The other nice thing about ARS is last time I called they were open 7 days a week. It was nice to get help w/ my very strange problem on a Sunday especially considering I was working Monday through Saturday at the time.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't drink DI water because it's too pure. You need a certain level of TDS in your water to make it digestible. Is that right?

Originally posted by chvynva916

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't drink DI water because it's too pure.  You need a certain level of TDS in your water to make it digestible.  Is that right?

That is correct. The drinking water kits are hooked up in-line after the RO membrane but before the DI.

let me add in my two cents. i have a sRO/Di sys from ARS and the service and quality of the product is outstanding. If you are a member of reerflounge or i think it is reef.org forum you will get a 10% discount on any products your purchse, this is including any on going.

logicalreef

ARS is tops! Glad you finally made the leap Kris :)

I had the pleasure of meeting Bryan from there company last August at a reef meeting in Tampa.....and speaking with John on the phone many, many times.....I had no clue anyone could know this much about water quality.

Coolest thing ever about them as a company that I've heard over and over again is that regardless of where you bought a unit at, they will take care of you and answer any questions you may have. That is a very rare quality in a company today, and one that deserves our continued support as a hobby.

Peace, Bryan

Archived