Top Shelf Aquatics

What's your 5.5 gallon tank's lighting?

dchisenh

Just curious to get an idea for what everyone else is using out there to light their 5.5 gallon tanks. If you could just take a second to post:

-What you're using (MH, PC, VHO, NO, etc and wattage)

-Your lighting colors (6500K, 10000K, Actinic, 7100K, etc)

-What you're keeping (shrooms, zoos, LPS, SPS, clams, etc)

I would really appreciate it. :) Thanks.

-Dan

3x13watt.

Bulbs from Hellolights two 50/50 and one actinic 03.

Right now; Xenia, zoos, GSP, green button polps, mushrooms, ricordias, frogspawn, and two kinds of macro algae.

32 Watt CSL Retro 50/50 over a glass versatop keeping dwarf seahorses, and soon some zoos and shrooms

Purchasing a CSL retro black canopy with 2 32 watt 50/50's and keeping fish, mantis shrimp, crabs, zoos, and shrooms. Also over a glass versa top.

HTH!

Liz:

Do you like the extra blue on your tank? I was thinking more along the lines of 1x10000k, 1xactinic, 1x50/50. Is it just more visually pleasing? do you still have the NO actinic over your 20?

I am obviously not Liz, but I think the blue looks better. It is what gives your corals that " Floureced" look.

Sorry I forgot to check back in.

I'm not happy with the look now. I was running AHS bulbs, one 50/50, one "dark blue" and one 6500K. The tank had a nice white look to it. I had heard raves about the HL bulbs and decided to try them. I will say that the actinic bulb is very nice, run alone at night the corals glow. During the day the tank looks pink to me. It's probably a combination of the lighting and all the dark pink coraline in the tank. I think I will replace one of the 50/50s with a 6500K and see how that looks. I can't believe I want the tank to looks more yellow. :)

I never put the NO over the 20, and I'm tearing that tank down now. I do run overdriven NO on the 40 in combination with PCs.

Archived