Innovative Marine Aquariums

What Salt Mix do you use?

chrisdamage

In the thread on the Large Tank forum on here, people are saying that Oceanic has low pH, like around 7.8. Can any of you that use Oceanic chime in on what pH you are getting? I was thinking of changing to Oceanic, but have reservations if their pH is low....

avalanche1201

I use IO. Never seem to have any probs, but then again I have never needed to test for Ca...I need to get a test for it though b/c I want to start getting some easier SPS and a clam, so I know they'll want some calcium in the water.

I've also heard that some people mix brands of salt? how does that work out? Is it beneficial? does it hurt the tank?

My Tropic Marin always mixes well, but I find it has a low level of CA....like 270!

I perfer seawater, as I live in a place that allows me to easily collect as much as I need for free!

Its amazing how perfect seawater is.....everything, pH, Alk, Ca, at perfect levels everytime!

anyway, i think io is always going to have the low calcium stigmatizm.

its never done me wrong.

and i'd go as far as saying its an incredable product.

never heard of bad batches, or i.o being the major cause of a tank crash.

in 18ish years(as long as i've been in the hobby-), imo thats a pretty good track record.

That's quite the endorsement, I've seen your doubledecker reef/seahorse setup, and it's obvious that you've been successful for a long time.

Archived