Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

adding protein Skimmer shortly....

Joe b

I'm adding a remora AquaC Skimmer to my 5 gal, come next week. I still will do my 4-5 day wc, but I'm aware that skimming removes trace elements and I was wondering what some of you use to replenish? I also run carbon 2 wks on 2 wks off which also removes some elements. Any recommendations? Thanx Joe happy reefing

Whos skimmer is that ?? !!!! B)

I use B-Ionic C balance 2 part by two little fishies about every other day. Best stuff in my mind and the mind of other reefers.

Lol! Yeah, got a great deal too, and no break in period to boot! I was checkin out that from 2 little fishes, they also got combisan? I think that's it? Saw it in pet solutions mag. So, the 2 little fishes works well then? Probably what ill get, I mean it is your Skimmer and like they say "if it aint broke don't fix it".

I have never herd of the other one, but i have that catalog so i'll check it out. As long as UPS doesn't break it we're all golden. Hopefully you don't need a break in period, yet it has been sitting for a while and dried out so whatever that means...... i'm no skimmer expert i just know how to empty the cup and not to drink out of it.

Would there even be a point in running carbon after the skimmers on? Check out the grow lights thread, dude bashin the site!

have heard some where that some suplument can improve skimmer preformance though (like kalkwasser).

havent run it myself so cannot say from personal knowledge.

as for the carbon vs skimmer. never relly upon a single peace of tec, use as much as you can to biuld redundance into you system (why Ive never understude the fuge vs skimmer posts)

also there was a thread on here once that cited a study about skimmers removing elements from the tank

basiclly said do your water water changes and life will be OK

clams and other corals have a much larger afect apon water chemistry

Thanx. I am going to run the carbon, makes sense to have every angle covered. I figure with 5 day wc changes in a 5 gal, should starve the corals of any life building elements. They all are big and fat right now ( i overfeed).

have heard some where that some suplument can improve skimmer preformance though (like kalkwasser).

havent run it myself so cannot say from personal knowledge.

yes it does because kalk (or lime water) causes p04 precipitation. the effect is fairly minor tho. many people intentionally drip kalk near skimmer input to maximize the extra removal of phosphate.

Archived