inTank Media Baskets

Blisters on my green goby.

Pacifique

I got a new green clown goby the other day from my LFS, and just yesterday I noticed he had little blisters all over. He's been on my red monti cap since I got him, so is it possible that he is getting stung?

I know fish get stung at first when they interact with new corals, and eventually get used to it.

Do you think this is the case?

1510922622_156ea7d76e_o.jpg

He's kind of really hard to photograph at the moment.

it could be ich, which is very bad and the fish may not live. I don't really know it is hard to tell from the pic, not your fualt, i know it is hard to take a pic of something small

He is definitely looking a lot better, although I can still notice a few of those little blisters on his head. He's eating, and he's not hiding anymore, so that's a good sign.

I'll continue to monitor his condition.

Is there a garlic supplement I could add to the food? I have spectrum flakes with garlic, but my gobies don't really eat them.

This may sound like a dumb question, but could one use the oil or juice of pressed fresh garlic, and just add that to brine or mysis shrimp?

HeyLookItsCaps

you know, i wondered that myself. the supplement i use, and BOY is it potent, bout make syour eyes water from the garlic smell.

is kent marine garlic extreme, this stuff here

seemed to help my fish our alot. i just put 2 3 drops in before a mysis feeding and they look more colorful and the white spots went away

Active Ingredients:

99% allium sativum extract (garlic juice), citric acid and asorbic acid (as preservatives).

well there's my answer.

HeyLookItsCaps

haha, leave it to me to just do what im told and not read the fine print. well that answers my question too. haha. it worked great tho for sure.

Well I totally appreciate the recommendation. :)

I just juiced three garlic cloves, and separated the juice from the pulp and placed it into a little dish.

It says only 2 drops per teaspoon of food, so I'll give it a shot.

Archived