ReefCleaners.org

stocking a 7g

katydidit

I am going to stock my 7g minibow w/ a csl 32w pc soon, and i was wondering what to put in there. I want this to be an awesome tank, like im not just going to get corals just because they are inexpensive, i want the best of the best (money isnt a huge barrier, because i would rather add slowly to get really nice ones, than get them all at once at a good price). what are some of your favorites that would work with this lighting? i know shrooms and polyps, but what are some of the more brilliant looking ones? anything helps, i just know right now that i want a black percula clown, and thats all i have so far, so if you all could help i would appreciate it!

harbingerofthefish

some personal favorites that will work just fine with that lighting:

pipe organ

blastomussa

candy cane

or you go the leather type route and go for:

capanella

or if feeling adventurous:

carnation

I am a beginner at any type of SW tank, so something easy is always good :). I will look those up and see what kind of care they need, but i have always heard that SPS is always hard to take care of, was i wrong?

Your first SPS endeavor would be wise to Choose Montipora sp. Particularly Digitata. Place it High in the Rock work, preferably 6-8 inches from the light, with good flow and you should be okay. Let your tank mature at least two to three months first(small bits of coralline on the glass) and try to keep calcium at at least 400, preferably 450. Be consistent with your water changes and you should be fine. If you do well, after a few months, conisder adding an additional 32 watt'r, do lots more reading and the sky's the limit.

i am just very confused on all the supplements...how some need to be fed through an eyedropper with certain foods, some dont...agghh!i just want simple but pretty at first...then i will go for more difficult things like sps and corals that need higher light. I

Archived