Coral Vue Hydros

2 Thumbs up for Dr. Mac & Sons Coral

Billdemart

I ordered 20 pounds of Kaelini Live Rock and 10 pounds of Live Sand from Dr. Mac & Sons Coral (http://www.drmaccorals.com/sys-tmpl/fijirock/), for my new 10 gallon nano and it is beautiful.

They were very nice on the phone as I explained what I was looking for and the tank I was using. He said he would hand pick the pieces for my tank and they fit perfectly. I just wanted to pass this along.

I received the package EXACTLY 24 hours after I called him. They called me back the first day to give me the FedEx tracking number and before that called to double check my address. It was a very professional transaction and the product is awesome.

Here are some pictures of the Rock and my week old tank (Rock and Sand have been in for 2 days).

ps - thanks to William aka Bamann345 for the referral.

LR%20on%20bucket%203.jpg

LR%20on%20bucket%204.jpg

LR%20in%20tank%202.jpg

Here is the box it came in, very well packed with care and labeled everywhere FRAGILE.

setting%20up!.jpg

The Live Sand took barely a day to clear up completely, I have no mechanical filtration whatsoever

Tank%20shot%20day%202%20-%20from%20couch.jpg

Tank%20shot%20Day%202.jpg

hey billdemart, where did you get that lighting fixture at the top of your tank. Im gettin to the point soon where I would like to start buying parts for my 10g nano plan. Thanks man

I also agree, Dr. Mac sell some awesome live rock! Even the cured stuff is has a lot of coralline growth, I would hate to see what the uncured stuff looks like!

holy shat! thats an expensive fixture, looks good, damn reefin investments. ima have to think some more, but damn it looks good

btw how do you deal with evaporation of water from that setup?

Thats a 10 gal right?

Thanks again

Quash

Well I thought about DIY but it looked like a major pain if you know what I mean. This hood has built in fans and everything. It's sweet. Plus I wanted all the watts to be able to keep a wide variety of corals.

As far as evaporation, I have two 5 gallon buckets with RODI water in the corner next to my subwoofer with powerheads and heaters and I use one for evaporation top off and one for water changes. I have a 4 cup measuring cup so I just use that to transfer the water. It's easy on a 10 gallon.

Archived