Coral Vue Hydros

4 peppermint shrimp gone

bakes

I added 4 peppermint shrimp to a well established reef tank three days ago. ALL GONE. I know they are nocturnal and like to hide in the rocks. But even at night I can not see them anywhere. The only potential predator is a yellow watchman golbie? Not really a RAMBO of the fish world. The shrimp I added were smaller (only about an inch and a half). I bought four expecting to perhaps lose 1, NOT all four. Any ideas......

I have heard that shrimp need alot of acclamation when introducing into a tank. How did you acclimate them?

They also like to hide out the first week so give it a little time and see if they turn up. I would lean towards they are all hiding out. Try feeding just after lights out to see if they show their faces.

fishybusiness

Just to let you know I have a yellow watchmen. A big yellow watchmen at that. Mine decided to try and eat my peppermint. He basically shook it like dog and decided to try and pull it through his burrow. 2 sexy shrimp were also taken without my knowledge. My peppermint was as big as the watchmen also. I think the better thing to do next time is get shrimp a good bit larger then your fish if they were eaten.

Archived