Pod Your Reef

Will somone please help me out?

cp3823

I'm new so please help me get established. I'm going next week to get my new aquarium. I cant decide between getting an Aquapod 12 or a Biocube 14. What should I get? Which one is better? do they have pro's and cons? the aquapod 12 has a MN light but the bio cube 14 does not. Can I upgrade the bio cube 14 to MH?? or should I just buy the aqua pod??? please I need some advise quick

I have about a 350 dollar budget for just the tank and light. I have more money that I can use for other accessories. I like both of them. I really like the fact that the Aqua pod 12 has a upgraded MH light. But I do not like that the top of the tank is open which will casuse more evaporation prolly? Can I get a MH light for the Bio Cube that fits perfectly? what kinda mods can I do to either one? I only really plan on upgrading to better filtrations someday. I want something that is gonna be the best right out of the box. Then after a year or 2 up grade then in a few more years when I have more money put everything into a 80 gallon that I have sitting in my basement.

If you have all this money go to nanotuners and get a BC 29 with a mh light. :D

I would not use an open top EVER. My tank only has a small opening in the back and I have a lot of evaporation. I really don't like either of those tanks. I would go with an aga and get ho t5 light for it. You could get a nice 30 breeder and light for 350.00 You are going to spend a lot on just filtration mods. Go aga. I hated having a bc. Bad lighting, good filtration. And the ap will have heat issues and you'll be topping off daily. And the ap is only going to be like 9 gals. That will suck. You'll be setting up that big tank in no time. :)

Archived