ReefCleaners.org

In need of a stand for my 15g long :(

Dennis_said

Dennis_said

I want to make this sort of a showpiece in my living room, but the stands that I see, that are premium are sooo outrageously expensive... is there a place that you guys would recommend to check out for a stand that would fit this?

Or is there any DIY w/ recommendations?

Thanks!

It is easy to build your own...especially when a 15g tank is only a couple hundred pounds. here is a pic of a stand and canopy I built for my 100g.

Here is a pic of my 15/20g stand. For now this stand has an open back. I plan to some day close the back off and add a shelf.

Also, I have wire channels on both sides of the stand legs to hide mmy wires.

Oh...that is a touchy subject. For the stand for the 15/20g, brobably about 25-30$$...that's pretty cheap, but I had the molding on hand already.

The 100g stand and canopy was a lot more, probably about 300.00 or so...Oak Plywood isn't cheap. Definately a lot cheaper than having it built, and I was able to customize the size...my stand is 40"tall, 60"long, and about 24" deep. This unit is pretty tall, about 72" with the stand and canopy.

When I get a chance, I'll post a pic of the canopy I just finished for my 20g reef.

Dennis_said

Oooh, 60 bucks, What a deal, I will check out my local walmart after work! I dunno if my walmart has a furniture type section though, gotta check

It's actually in the pets section at walmart. They have a black stand that fits 20 gal tanks. What are the dimensions of your tank? Check out Lunchbucket's site for pics of the stand.

BR

Archived