Equipment:

Skimmer (CPR clone in sump) runs 24/7

50 watt tronic heater in sump

Started out with 2 x 32 watt CSL PC's added another 2 x 32 in March

Powersweep 214

maxi-jet 1200 for return

and Rio powering the skimmer

DIY auto top off

I like your tank. The light colors add much harmony to the overall appeal of it. Although your frogspawn (?) looks a little bleached. The xenia is always a nice touch. If I may ask, is it an acrylicman 18gal cube?

Thanks supernip. Yeah the colors are a little pale... The frogspawn has always been that color and is healthy and growing, I'll bet that it would color up under different lighting though. It is an acrylicman made tank from Ebay.

• 3 months later...

Sarnack...you appear to be using an acrylicman tank. Are you using his protein skimmer. I have yet to figure out how to use it. It fills with water in the holding cup in my tank?

I used to have one of those tanks. They're basically knockoffs of CPR's mini tank. Auburn96, you need to adjust the collection cup so the bottom of it is just under the water level. Otherwise if you have it too low it will skim too watery and fill up with just waste water.

auburn96 - as J-bass said just lower your water level in the sump area. Mine is about 3 inches below the tank level and the skimmer works ok.

THANKS Mnesarchus! That is a great compliment!

Just the smallest mag-float made for glass. The acrylic ones are softer and pink so you dont mistake the two. I'm using the small glass one cause the smallest acrylic one they make is too big and I figured the clamping power is less with the smaller magnet so it shouldnt scratch. I haven't noticed any scratches but I have not seen the tank dry. I'm sure there are some small ones but if there are you can't see them with the tank filled.

Archived