Coral Vue Hydros

is my sand particles to small

englishreefer

englishreefer

i have added a 3 1/2 sand bed of fine silica sand, not to sure on the particle size but they are small, more like salt compared to sugar. ontop of this i have put about half inch of live aroganite. Is this sand to fine for this deep a sand bed, what effects will it have.

Though I would avoid using silica sand it is a lot cheaper but I've found from experience that silica really encourages hair algae and diatom growth. Go with aragonite, it's really worth the money, plus with aragonite you'll save on calcium and strontium supplements.

Hey Mnesarchus, the Internet is a GLOBAL community. Not everyone here speaks English as their first language. Besides, we're not in school; save it for your kids.

but his nick is "englishreefer"... does that not imply that he's from Mud Island - the source of the English cuppa tea?

ps. in my 5G I use 1mm sand with 1/5th crushed coral for tunnel-building creatures and it's still pearly white... 3rd week into my still non-existant cycle. Of course, I did seed the bottom layer with a few teaspoons of rather grim mud from the local beach which may have helped with the bacteria uptake.

englishreefer

hey mjschomer, thanks for the defence, but i actually dont have a good excuse. let alone english being my first language, I actually live in England. I admit my gramma poor was. hahaha

Originally posted by mjschomer

Hey Mnesarchus, the Internet is a GLOBAL community.  Not everyone here speaks English as their first language.  Besides, we're not in school; save it for your kids.

He's location is ENGLAND, his name is ENGLISH REEFER. You tool

There are large ethnic communities in England just as there are here in the States. I had no reason to jump to the conclusion his first language was English. Remember assume = "Ass You Me".

Besides, like I mentioned, this is a reef forum not grammar school. We all knew what he meant; you didn't have to point it out thus resulting in this pointless off-topic discussion.

Go figure that you quote Dr. Phil.

englishreefer

well im glad to see one slip of the toungue has managed to amuse so many. You should be glad that Ive managed not to take it to heart. I mean sarchus, you a very mean man (or woman, whatever the case may be). Its got to be said you must be pretty sad to actually care about my gramma skills, maybe your defensive personality is in aid of covering up an inadequacy of you own. eg. a small shrivelled polyp problem.

Archived