SaltCritters.com

White fungus dots on Zoas?.... please help.

twozeroNano

Help! I have seem to have what looks like white fungus on my zoas.... they are white spots that appear near the head.... I also have noticed alot of little shrimp like (pests?) things running around the rock in my tank at night.. i was able to get a shot of one when i found it in my filter floss.

post-29719-1191417942_thumb.jpg

post-29719-1191417946_thumb.jpg

post-29719-1191417949_thumb.jpg

Shrimp dudes are pods, good guys.

Your zoas have zoa pox, you need to treat them with Furan-2.

Go to www.zoaid.com for info on the disease and treatment.

Help! I have seem to have what looks like white fungus on my zoas.... they are white spots that appear near the head.... I also have noticed alot of little shrimp like (pests?) things running around the rock in my tank at night.. i was able to get a shot of one when i found it in my filter floss.

post-29719-1191417942_thumb.jpg

post-29719-1191417946_thumb.jpg

post-29719-1191417949_thumb.jpg

I don't know about the white spots on the zoas. They don't look too healthy though. I had a similar thing a long time ago and just ended up fragging the healthy ones and dumping the rest.

The bottom critter is a pod. Not positive but I think amphipod? They're very good for your tank. They'll eat scraps plus if you have fish, especially a mandarin goby, they'll feast on these critters.

The zoa pox need to be treated ASAP!!! I had a colony get it and then i thought it would cure itself....it spread. Either get it out or start treating it now.

Got it... i'll probably just quarantine them in another tank..

Anyone know what causes this zoa pox? I had this zoa pretty high up in my tank probably alittle too close to my 150W MH.

Agreed, i was able to stop it as well. But i lost a few colonies in the process as it spread really fast and i didn't cure fast enough

Archived