Cultivated Reef

ANY luck with this skimmer

Quincyman

Visi-Jet Protein Skimmer found on drsfosterandsmith.com

Thinking of purchasing this for my tenecor 8 gallon mini

Good, Bad, Scam, Forget about it. Help me.

ok thanks, so I take it that the other one they are advertising ( Lee's Counter Current) is useless as well. are there any skimmers that can fit my tanks ( 8 gallon tenecor) aslo do they make refugium's that small I thought about using one of those old holding things the pet stores use to hold captured fish in. Is this worthwile to pursue

the visi's a PO-hella-S. ugly and useless, like my ex-wife.

the lee's ok. it's cheap but it functions like it's designed to. like my ex-wife. :P

the lee's or coralife are simpler and much cheaper but not as effective or flashy. like my ex-wife.

the prizm's a better investment and prettier but can be very touchy. like my current wife. :

hmmm, deep thoughts from the reef. ???

Actually, I'd be more likely to recommend the Lee's counter-current skimmer. BUT, hold off for now. A skimmer is always something you can add later should you choose, and the truth is, most folks recommend AGAINST their use in a nano. Lets get you through your cycle and while you wait, you can research skimmers some more.

too bad women are not like fish tanks. Dump um out and start over again.

um, actually that's exactly what i did! :rolleyes:

but reefing is much more expensive than a divorce and i had a kid with my ex, too! X)

pala,

most folks recommend AGAINST their use in a nano

i believe it's 51% For and 49% Against, actually. :P

then it's 52% For and 48% Against :P

just busting horns. :D i think the survey was like 49% to 51% at one point (i dunno what it is now).

Archived