Coral Vue Hydros

New to this

Quincyman

Hey Guys,

I am in the process of cycling a Tenecor 8 gallons mini reef tank w/ a built in wet/dry filter. I just recenlty set this tank up( 5 days ago) . I had to use tap water( yes the water was treated with the neccessary chemicals) but eventually will replace that with deironized water. I am using Vita Reef DNA, Calcium supplements, Cycle, and another additive ( the name escapes me ) similar to the MArc weiss product. I eventually would like to have a calm or two some hard and soft corals a 4 spot ( yellow) wrasse, and a clean up crew. I just want to know if anyone had any horror stories using tap water or this tank, from clams in general. I really want to know is how long generally can I wait before adding any " life " to the tank. I know generally it is about 6 weeks but with the seeding of the tank I was wondering can that time be tweeked.

I have read a lot of different post and books but this site seems the best to me. Any help or suggestion would be appreciated. Forgot I have around 10- 12lbs of live rock and also a nice bed of live sand as well. Again any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance

Archived