Innovative Marine Aquariums

Minnesota Aera??

Kassun

I live in Duluth and i am looking for someone in the aera that would be intrested in selling some frags or ls to seed mine.

Thanks,

Kassun

I live in Duluth, but don't have corals yet and have only had my tank set up for a little over a month, so the 1 lb of live sand I got is still seeding my tank. Maybe in the future, though....:)

cool, looks like were at the same point in our setups. I just moved back after graduating college, and had to start my set up all over again. Perhaps we could order some corals or lr in the future and split the bill :).

Kassun

quite possibly. I'm shopping for clownfish right now. Can't decide whether to hit Mpls or stay local. Don't quite like the idea of buying fish online.

• 2 weeks later...
YouBetYourWrass

Hey, finally some Mn guys, whats up? I live in St. Paul and work at A World of Fish in Richfield and have a 155 gallon full of Sps, i would be willing to trade, i also have some green tree nepthia thats growing out of control. Well if your in the area drop by and ask for me, (Nick Longfellow)

YouBet,

I make a couple trips a year to A World of Fish--planning on a trip sometime in late July, but I'll be looking to get just a few softies to start me off: shrooms, gsp, etc. If my bubble algae keeps spreading, I may also get an emerald crab. AWOF always seems to have a lot of nice-looking maroon clown pairs. Wish I had room. You guys need more room for displaying dry goods. The website also needs updating--the specials listed are for Feb/Mar. Does that big skimmer (visible in one of the SW rooms) serve all your SW tanks? Pretty cool.

• 2 months later...

hey guys

i'm living in duluth and just starting my nano so if ever want to trade in the future or a group internet buy look me up.

bryan

Hey!

I'm in Duluth, too. How cool to meet so many Duluthians here :)

I'll be looking to add some shrooms and/or zoos to my nano, soon.

BTW, I have a 29 gal tank for sale, if anyone is intersted, as well as a skimmer, some live rock (though I have someone interested in it) and 20 lbs of crushed coral, all of which of course it good for trading :)

:

• 2 weeks later...

Wow,

I just had to jump in here too :) I live about 70 miles south/east of Duluth in Grand View! It's nice finding a board with this many northern reef keepers! I just had my first stop at "A world of Fish" in the cities last weekend!

Say LandyClown, what kind of skimmer you selling BTW?

I'm selling a VisiJet skimmer.

Here's a link so you can check it out:

VisiJet Skimmer

:)

Hey everyone:

I went down to a world of fish yesterday and bought a coralife 96W 50/50 fixture, and of course it doesn't work. SO, I'll have to go down to the cities again and exchange it.

anyone from up north wants to come down with me? I'll be going down either sat or sun

I want to turn my 11gal into a zoo farm, i have a very healthy sebea anemone, that needs a home. I paid 50.00 for him but would be more than happy to trade him for a coral or a few frags. Other wise i will let him go for 25.00. If intrested please send me an email to majchrzak0@msn.com.

Thanks,

Kassun

recently I had a postive experience buying live fish on-line when the locals fish store did not have what I was looking for I waited a month for a clam and found one on-line for the same price including the shipping and it came the next day and was in excellent condition. and seems content after a week there are several companies which sponser this web site I suggest you check them out

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys where have you been all my life? I too live in duluth LOL. anyway I'm always on RC with the Greater Minnesota Reef Society bunch more of us in the area, check it out. Anyway are any of you guys into SPS? I've got a ton of frags I'm looking to trade. Birdsnest, green and purple dig., Neon GSP, Seveal Gorgos, Purple tip acros, candy cane, and green and tan caps. I also have a big plating favaties I'm looking to get rid of.

Turf

I don't have anything to trade, but would be happy to buy some frags from you, especially since i just got paid. I'll send you a pm with my cell # and if your intrested i'll take some frams off your hands:)

kassun

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have two turbo snails that I bought to contain an algae attack that are now destroying my coraline- free if you want to pick them up (downtown Duluth) or maybe for a small zoo or two.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow!!! I didn't know there were so many people in Duluth. I'm one of the unfortunate in Ashland, WI and I have to drive the hour and a half to get corals or fish stuff. I'm glad there are so many of you here! I have nothing to trade as my tank is only 3 months old. But hopefully in the future I'll have some fun stuff :P

i have yt a yellow watchmans golby, 2 clarkii clowns, a coral beauty, and a long nose hawk, all available as of march 25th... if you pick up, its yours, if you want to trade i am looking for

1. black percs (2) (doesnt need to be a mated pair)

2. carpet anemone

3. sps frags

Just a "whattup" to other MN reefers. I live in MPLS.

PS have you tried "something fishy" that is one block east of WoF? It's much better imo. The employees are not cranky, they actually know a little more and the prices are WAY BETTER. WAY WAY BETTER. Much better specimens too.

Also, for any of you driving down from northern areas, on your way into town stop by Premier Pets in Ramsey. It's just off highway 10. If you're coming down 94, you'll have to detour a little and cut over to Hwy 10, but it's worth it. I *really* like Premeir Pets. Their LR is spendy, but it's nice. Their employees are cool and the livestock is allrighty.

Archived