Cultivated Reef

Rio or Eheim?

ReefWaters

I would like to get some personal feedback on these two pumps. Has anyone had problems with one or both? Which has better head pressure? Which is quieter?

rio pumps have always worked real well for me but the suction cups stink and will need to be replaced in no time. fortunately, that isn't a huge issue.

No real experience with eheim pumps

freakaccident

RIO = CRAP

I have to use a bent coat hanger to stick in the intake to get the thing going if I unplug it or the power goes out. POS!!!

I have never had a problem with rio pumps. I think they might fail a bit faster than other pumps when you have some preasure on then. I have a 200 in my nano, a 2500 in an african cichlid tank for a return, and 2 2100 in a 125 as powerheads. Not a single one has failed me..... But if I were to get another powerhead I would get a maxi jet. They seem to be everyone favorites.

What does everyone think about Mag Drives? I was thinking about the Mag 950 for a 30 gallon reef. It is going to return to the tank through a SQWD and then into two 1/2" bulkheads for the main circulation.

Archived