Cultivated Reef

WIll this fit my Eclipse 12?

myelin

I dont think you would have a problem. People put in the 96 watt light and that measures 17"L x 7"W x 1"H with the reflector from hellolights. You might have to mess around a little with the reflector(bending and cutting) but I think would be fine. If in doubt measure the area you have inside the hood. This light would be fine to grow just must everything you wanted but the really light loving stuff, sps and clams.

Yeah, that's what I figured. There are soo many variables when speaking to people over the net.

I was reading posts trying to figure out if it would fit of not. By numerical demensions, it should fit. One guy claimed he tried many ways to get it to fit and was unsuccessful. Well, did he try fitting the whole light or did he try trimming the reflector? You just never know.

Thanks for the reply. I don't think I want to deal with heat issues yet, so I am shying away from the 96w quad light.

IF YOU ARE WORRYING ABOUT HEAT, DITCH THE HOOD AND TRY THE CORALLIFE AQUALIGHT 96W QUAD FROM HELLOLIGHTS.COM IT HAS EXPANDABLE LEGS AND I'VE SEEN IT ON AN ECLISPE 12.

sorry about the caps, I didn't feel like writing it over again!B)

Right on brother NanoJrFL. That's exactly what I did. Heat p[roblems are gone, easy access to the water for testing, auto topoff, etc, and brighter light. I love it.

Originally posted by NanoJrFL

IF YOU ARE WORRYING ABOUT HEAT, DITCH THE HOOD AND TRY THE CORALLIFE AQUALIGHT 96W QUAD FROM HELLOLIGHTS.COM IT HAS EXPANDABLE LEGS AND I'VE SEEN IT ON AN ECLISPE 12.

sorry about the caps, I didn't feel like writing it over again!B)

What about evaporation? I would be willing to bet you get a lot more evap. when you negate the hood. Mine collects a lot of water on the inside of the hood.

When I say 2x32, you know I mean the actual 15" long 2x32 CSL light, correct? Here is the link to the light:

http://www.championlighting.com/e/env/0001...em=main:pc15232

I bought it last night, and I am going to see if I can make it fit in my hood.

Archived