inTank Media Baskets

New place for zoos

FAHZ

I always have my shipments for office pickup at FedEx and get them between 8:30 and 9:00. These things are like gold to me and I don't want them bouncing around in a truck all day. Also nice to be retired so you have the time for this.

Fahz

LOL, I'd love to be retired but I havn't even started to work yet..... LOL. I can't drive, I can't work, I can't do anything!!!! I always have to bumb rides with my friends to the fish store....

Luke

Hate to say it but you sound like me when I started in freshwater about forty-five years ago. I guess that makes me old enough to be your grandpa. haha X)

Fahz

Luke:

Enjoy saltwater reefing it's a great hobby and so is scuba diving if you ever get the chance. When we go to Cozemel Mexico scuba diving we always make a few shallow in shore night dives, on our own, and the ocean night life is unreal.

Fahz

I've never done any type of scuba diveing except skin diving but could only go like 12 ft. befor I felt I should surface..... =) My dad is a marine biologist and I hope he will take me out on one of his cruises (that's what they lab calls sampleing trips) which are like a week long. I hear it's awesome and the pictures I've seen are always very interesting. So, how long did it take for the zoo's to open up??

Luke

Reeflabs zoos seem to be a little slow in opening up but they do come around. I also bought a piece SPS Monti and two different Green star polyps that were slow. Some opened right away others took a few days. I thought it may have been my new T-5 lighting as they are really really bright. I also had some other coral problems which was keeping me distracted. Sounds like you may be seeing the same thing with your zoos.

Fahz

Thanx for the info Fahz. I can't wait to get my 10 gal. nano set up.... By the way do you think that 128 watts over a 10 would be too much for them even on the bottom??

Luke

hey fahz, do you have any pictures? i'd like to see how much difference there is between the overhead view/colors of those zoos and what they look like through the glass from the horizontal angle. thanks :)

WOW Luke thats seems like a lot light for a nano. But I could be wrong I have an 11 with 64 watts and an 18 with 72 watts both PC's. All I have are softies in them but my lights seem to be plenty. What kind of light are you planning on for 128 watts.

Fahz

Adinszq:

I don't have a pic right but my colors are no way near the posted one. My 58 is having a marine snowstorm right now and not real clear for a pic. Don't mind the snow and the pod numbers are unreal. If I had that pink in one of my nanos I'm sure the colors would be better and thats where they may end up.

Fahz

Archived