Coral Vue Hydros

Pictures of fish and coral

Fishtails

No...What's that? J/K Yeah, I know algea everywhere, but my astrea's can't get that damn green algea off the glass, so I'm going to start using my RO and get a cleaning magnet. BTW, before you flame tank is only 2 mths. old bud. I'll be adding 15 lbs LR next wk. and adding fuge next wk along with a 65w actinic PC so you know it'll look really good.

deacon hemp

It's all good dood,i wasn't flaming your tank it's just i didn't see one snail or hermit in your pics and in this hobby you never know what people will do!

Have you been using tap water?if so thats your problem right there!I hope your tank mature's into a nice nano!nice green zoo's too.

Thanks Deacon,

I used tapwater for 1st waterchange, so that's a problem. I'm gonig to use my Ro on next one though. I'm also adding a refugium and will add on to my clean up crew. Any good snails for the glass?

deacon hemp

Your algea on the glass is from tapwater it will go away with wc's astreas should be on top of it too.

I when i set up my first reef i used tap from the recommendation of my lfs,it was up for 3 days and i decided to do a %100 wc and start over with R.O.,but i still got that green film on the glass.It will begin to subside after a while

I would be more concerned with the algea on your rock,it's much harder to get rid of,i've had to basically throw away rock before!

Also when you setup your fuge if your going to buy more lr for it,use the rock from your tank,and replace a few pieces with the new rock. just a few tips.

To get that really hard green algae off? I haven't found any yet. Best bet is to get everything you don't want green algae on covered with coralline. :) Then just manually scrape the rest.

John

Thanks guys for input...

Deacon, I might put that LR in fuge when I get it. I think that algea is called bryopsis(sp?), but it's starting togrow in places I'd rather not like for it to be, so I might remove it or put LR in fuge or toss it out. Thanks

Love the gamma and clownfish, i would suggest using RO water and Reducing Nitrates if you have a ppm over 10. But a good cleanup crew and RO wc's should fix i up :)

p.s Good start, Zoos are cool

• 1 month later...

Tank is now 4.5 months old and alot has changed. Now total of 22 lbs. LR. Lots of corals, fuge, no algea, and excellent water quality. Thanks everyone for you help!

Tank is now 4.5 months old and alot has changed. Now total of 22 lbs. LR. Lots of corals, fuge, no algea, and excellent water quality. Thanks everyone for you help!

Archived