Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

advice on new 20H

40gal

I have just set up a 20H, (I am mixing the salt as we speak) and I wanted to get some advice on a cleanup crew. I have a very weak cleanup crew in my 40 gal, and wanted something better.

Right now in my 40 gal I have 1 turbo (which would be too big for my 20gal), a couple hermit crabs (started with 10 and last I counted was down to 5) and just got 10 astrea snail which don't seem to do much at all (some have died/been eaten). I am planning on putting 2 clowns in the tank, and maybe one other small fish.

I would like to get a shrimp maybe and enough janitors to keep the place clean, but not too many where they starve after the initial cleanup. I would like to stay away from the astreas just because they are to "high maintenance" and with LR and stuff I won't be able to keep up with them.

What do ya'll recommend? I want to have the ideal cleanup crew, and I am hoping that starting early on this one will help me out, along with your advice of course.

Thanks

Travis

in my 15H i have astreas (3) and they seem to clean the glass alright (sometimes i have to clean off the left behind stuff). I also have a couple of blue legged hermits that keep the lr clean. I'm also thinking about adding in a sally lightfoot crab.

Archived