Pod Your Reef

Test Kits

1shibainu

Just wondering what most people on this forum considers to be the most accurate test kit(s) that doesn't break the bank.  I need to get some test kits for my nano reef tank soon but don't want to waste time and money on kits that don't work well.  Thanks for the input folks.

I use the Salifert ones, they are fairly easy and produce good results.  I also have the Tetratest range, which are also good as well.

I'd go for the salifert range, as most people seem to use that.

I got a seachem multi test.  It seems reliable, but is kinda confusing to follow, the powders, sample dishes, etc.  Has had me scratching my head in thought.  I like the looks of the Red Sea ones too.

Break the bank ther is no excuse for poor test kits.

LA Motte is the best. I got the pro kit ( I have to with the IDIOTS I deal with) DRY TAB has nice test kits too.... As does... (OMG I ANT BELIEVE IM SAYING THIS.....) WARDLY Ammonia, Nitrite, and  NITRATE cept the Nitrate kit test for NITROGENIOUS compounds NOT  Free Nitrate, so it will register Nitrate no matter what if you have a TON of live stock in the tank and no nutrient export devices IE: algaes or DSB Live sand.

IME spend the $ get good test kits ..... Your reef will thank you.    NUFF SAID

Quote: from cmoreash on 5:03 am on July 1, 2002[br]lol dave, you come across so harsh, yet so knowledgeable.   We love you! :)

Awwww a Warm fuzzy.... TY... asskisser..LOL

Archived