Pod Your Reef

fw dip success

geedub

did a series of two fw dips on a zoa colony i had. first coral i ever bought probably a buy, but hey i learn the hard way.. :lol: anyways within seconds you can see nudis drop off like crazy, then i flipped the colony upside down and shook it around a bit and all kinds of nudis fell off.. i lost quite a few copepods also but i still see quite a few in the tank so im really not worried about it. anyways, to anyone who is dealing with nudi's and nervous about dipping, all i did was match my ph and temp and dip for like 10 minutes max. i did it one day, then again a couple days later.. my colony is opening up again and i havent seen any nudi's since.

Look for eggs. Little white swirls at the base of polyps.

I had plenty of success with just plain FW dips getting rid of the adults as well. How long had you left your zoas in? I found 10 minutes to work well... sometimes longer.

yea ive been keeping an eye for those bastards.. i seen em one day and didnt sweat it and next thing i know i got mad nudis. i recently moved and moved the tank, havent seen any eggs yet.. i got my fingers crossed. ive done around 10 minutes both times if i do it again i might try longer

Archived