ReefCleaners.org

What brand PC replacement bulbs??

MattGecko

Well its been a year now & its time to replace my PC bulbs.

I have 2=32Watt CSL from Sea Quest Marine.

What brand bulbs does everyone recomend?

Should I just just get the same 10K & Ultra-Actinic replacements from CSL ($18.99EA)

Thanks Matt

Get them from hellolights....if you have 2 switches get one 10k and one actinic for dusk/dawn. I would even get the same combination if you only had 1 switch.

I have been using catalina PC bulbs from petsupplyliquidator.com

They have a special this month 4x55 bulbs for 60.00 and get the 5th one free. I just ordered this today. You can even mix and match the color temps.

Yes I have seperate dusk to dawn lighting.

The only problem with HelloLights & petsupplyliquidator.com is there 27 & 28 watt only. Which means I loose 8 Watts.

(I have dual lamp 32 watt)

Hi MattGecko, I assume you have a 32watt CSL light fixture. The 28watt bulbs from hellolights will run at 32watts in your CSL light fixture.

What gains will I have by buying the 28W lamps over the 32W lamps? I'm loosing 4w each.

Nope -- it's the ballast that determines how much juice gets used, not the bulbs. If your ballast is 32 watts, a bulb rated for 28 watts will run at 32. The only drawback is that you run a (small) chance of burning out the bulb faster due to heat.

Well than 32w im getting. This hobby is expensive enough, I don't want to have to replace a burnt out lamp(s) early.

Plus I've like the CSl lamps.

Thanks Matt

Archived