Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My goodies have arrived!

Billdemart

Billdemart

Nothing too exciting probably to everyone but me, but I finally received my lights, powerheads, and heater.

Here are a couple of pics. These lights really look awesome. They are the 96w quad 50/50 coralife from hellolights.com

Got%20lights!.jpg

Here is a picture up under the hood ;)

50-50.jpg

I can't wait to get my live rock and live sand now!!! I am currently working on getting the water to 1.023-1.024 and heating it up to 78F.

I am suppossed to be getting some LR and LS from a local guy tomorrow night but he hasn't emailed me back so I think I might just order from TBsaltwater.com

More pics to come when I get my LR!

Can you tell I'm excited?

Billdemart

I forgot to mention, I went to the local pet store to grab an HOB to put my 50W Ebo Jager heater in but most of them are too small. I think the Aquaclear 300 might hold it but it was 40 bucks. I didn't think that was worth it.

Bill that looks good!!! I am glad you like everything! Who are you suposed to be getting the rock from around atlanta?

I am glad everything is going well! If you need any help I am more than happy to come help! Are you going to be at the reef club meeting tomorrow night?

Very nice! I am sort of in the same boat. Just last night, I got my lights installed in my DIY hood and am just waiting for my powerheads before getting some LR/LS!

Is that the 20" quad 96w light setup? I regret not buying that instead of building my own setup. I ended up paying 120 for dual 36w PC lights. Better planning would have resulted in me buying the same setup as you, I think. Oh well!

I'd like to get the tampa bay stuff too, but being in San Francisco kind of makes the shipping astronomical! :(

Good luck!

V

We're happy that you're progressing nicely, Bill. I'd probably second DAP's suggestion that you paint the background to hide cords and other paraphernalia. I'd tell you to pull the water out, dry it off, mask it, and spray it blue. It really looks great, in my opinion. I've done it to every tank I can!

I've heard nothing but good things about TBS rock. Being that you're in Atlanta, you probably won't have much trouble getting some fairly quickly.

Best of luck, and remember, we're here to help. Most of us teach through our bad example, but there's plenty of great stuff to learn that way!

Billdemart

Thanks all!

Bamaan,

He was a guy from the Atlanta reef board but he stopped responding to me and I don't know how to get to his house, so I will probably just order it online. I was going to come to the meeting because he lives in Kennesaw but if I don't get in touch with him I will probably wait till next months meeting. Kennesaw is a serious hike for me. Thanks for the offer of help. I may take you up on it ;)

Vincerama,

I went through the same exact thing when looking for lights. I was going to DIY which I am not good at but wanted to save money. Then I read so many great reviews about this light/hood and saw the price on HelloLights and decided to go for it. The legs were like 7 bucks extra and all in all including shipping it was $112.00 bucks so not too bad.

Dap and FlyGTI,

I totally agree, although I won't be painting it. Too much hassle for me. I will probably just tape a dark blue or black background to it from the fish store like I had on my 55 FOWLR tank. It looked nice enough.

I will keep you guys updated!

Ahh, sorry to hear that about the LR, but if you come let me know. I will be there! hehe, my dad is comming too, the house is being invaded by 20 of my mom's friends for Bunko(a dice game) for the night and he wants OUT!

Billdemart

LOL.

Man I just called TBsaltwater and they are on vacation all week. They open back up next Monday! :(

I don't know if I can wait that long.

Bill

OMG, nothing is working for you right now! hehe. Aquarium Showcase has some rock for 4.99 a pound, last time i was there it didnt look great but it didnt look bad either. You might want to call them and see what they have. I think they were closed today for re-stocking, so they might have some new stuf!

Billdemart

I went there last week. Their tanks were gorgeous but the LR like all the LR I have seen ever in any LFS was either brown or white and looked pretty terrible.

I am reading some good things about gulf-view so I may just go with them...

SeaMountain

Hot Damn! Another ReeferPhreaker! Congratz bro'! Belive me this is just the beginning. My office girls can hardly stand it when they sign for a package that sez 'LIVE FISH THIS SIDE UP'!!! :D

BTW... I'm a'waiting another pack of zoos from chrisaggie! GO CHRIS GO! B)

Bill you might also want to try http://www.drmaccorals.com. They only deal with kalini and Elkhorn rock. This is where I got mine from and it is amazing, the best rock I have ever seen. It looks like it came out of an established tank. My cycle time was almost 0 with some live sand! Fully cured rock it 4.25/lb plus shipping, not too bad for some awesome rock! They will also hand pick the pieces for you, and since your tank is small that might be the way to go!

Hope this helps!

hehe Thanks SeaMountain. I can't freakin wait.

Bamann, that site looks pretty sweet. I will definitely have to check them out especially because the guy from gulf-view says he doesn't do orders as small as mine because the shipping would be as much as the rock and he said everything on the rocks would die as soon as I put them in the tank because of the ammonia spike.

I'm not sure what to do about this. Do I need to make 2 seperate orders?

When should I put the live sand in? Before the rock? After the rock? After the cycle?

Oh, man, you arent haveing very good luck with getting some good live rock!! I would give Dr. Mac a call tomorrow and see what he can do for you. I have heard he is very helpfull to everyone, even smaller orders. How many pounds are you looking to get?

I put in around 7 lbs of SouthDown in my tank and then around 3 lbs of live sand on top of the dead sand. I wouldnt spend the money to put all live sand in. Dr. Mac also sells live sand at any pounds. You could also get 20 lbs of that Aro-Live stuff in the bag...not great but not bad also. I would do this before you put in the live rock.

Dennis_said

MARINEDEPOT has an awesome deal on PRECURED LIVE ROCK for about 144 dollars you get 40 something odd pounds... free shipping too!

Originally posted by Billdemart

Thanks all!

Bamaan,

He was a guy from the Atlanta reef board but he stopped responding to me and I don't know how to get to his house, so I will probably just order it online.   I was going to come to the meeting because he lives in Kennesaw but if I don't get in touch with him I will probably wait till next months meeting.  Kennesaw is a serious hike for me.  Thanks for the offer of help.  I may take you up on it ;)

Bill I saw this all a little late in the game --- but ---

Did you get the LR ??? What was the guys alias. I know most of the regulars on the club forum and I go to every meeting. There's not many that live in Kennesaw and I probably know them all.

I also have most everyones phone number and address.

Anyway if you didn't get LR yet I might be able to help you hook up w/ him if everyone is still interested.

Charles

Hey Charles,

Thanks. His name on Atlanta Reef Club is bmartin1192. Bill Martin. The thing is he wanted to break his tank down and go nano but his wife didn't want him to so maybe thats why he's not responding. Who knows. I needed to make arrangements yesterday however for someone to watch my baby if I were to do this. So I think I'm just going to order online.

I will definitely be at the July meeting though.

Basa90 - I'm not sure if it would or not. I took it out of the package at the store and it looked like it might but it would be a tight squeeze. The Ebo 50 is a fat heater and its pretty tall around 8 or 9 inches I think. I guess I'm just going to have to cover it up with the Live Rock.

Would it make sense to put the heater horizontal?

Bill

MrNoahCount

Bill,

Thank you very much for posting the picture of that hood. I have been looking at the 30 inch model of that. I t helps me a lot to see it set up like that. BTW I'm in Eatonton Ga. Hope I can hook up with some of the Atlanta guys.

Regards,

Michael

Hey Michael,

Glad I could help! I get my Live Rock and Live Sand tomorrow and will post some more pictures.

This hood rocks btw. The fans make absolutely no noise and the lights are beautiful.

Archived