Pod Your Reef

Just added lr

luckybaker

luckybaker

I just added a small peice of live rock a couple days. 1.04 pounds in my 2.5 gallon aquarium. I wanted to start off small to make sure i didn't mess anything up, sense it is my first nano tank. I just shined a light in it after the lights have been off a couple hours, and I saw prolly 6 or 7 little crawling clear centipede looking things on it. Are these guys helpful? I would assume so.

I also had 2 crabs in the rock which someone identified to me as a some species of Mithrax crab which he couldn't identify. I managed to catch one of them and place them in a breeding container that i had laying around. Anyone interested in takin him off my hands?

here is the link to his pic

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...&threadid=13129

Also, I just read liquids post about making a plexi glass cover for his 2.5. I have a HOB Whisper filter, no media inserted for water movement, if i were to do the same, would I have enough gas exchange?

If somone could direct me to somewhere on how to take good clear pictures of a tank, I would post some of the little creatures.

Those are all the questions i can think of right now. Its time for bed, and another hour of gazing into my wonderful new tank.

Archived