Cultivated Reef

My office 7.5 minibow!

jawarden

Hi everybody,

Just wanted to post a few pictures of the new office aquarium and say thanks to everyone for the advice in setting it up. I planned it out for several months while lurking and asking questions here.

You can see a few pictures by going this way right here.

The stats are:

Minibow 7.5

32watt conversion

TetraTec filter with heater cartridge (no filter media)

rio 90

Dead sand seeded with live

7-10 pounds LR

snails and crabs

Zoos and kenya from Logical reef

B)

I'm just dosing ca and alk, and I'm using distilled water. The corals have been in there only for a week but so far look pretty happy, and look cool as they sway in the "breeze" created by the whooshing siphon tide from the filter. My nitrates reached zero last week, probably due to the fact that there is no fish fouling the water. After I add a few more corals I will probably add a fish though.

I must say, this is the easiest aquarium I have ever set up, it's the cheapest, and easily the best looking too. I'm so glad I happened on this site!:)

Cheers everybody,

Jeff

It's looking very nice! I'm looking forward to seeing it as it fills up with corals.

So the Tetra filter is working well for you? I've never seen one in action.

Hi Lizbeth,

The Tetra pf is a good filter for nanos, imho, because it has a surge feature on one of the outlets which creates uneven currents in the tank. Whoosh, stop. Whoosh, stop. The downside is that it uses a siphon to do this, and makes a *glug-glug* sound as the chamber empties. :| I like the sound in the office, but some hate it. Having the heater in the filter is a nice touch too.

I'll be adding another coral this week, so I'll update the web page when I do.

Archived